Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to to buy a GXP dual outlet exhaust panel.
I want to add dual exhaust to my '06, and recently acquired a complete GXP exhaust.
Does anyone that installed a Norm's valance have a factory panel they would be willing to sell?

I have checked with @Hoosier GXP and Redline Auto Parts already, and neither currently have one.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,345 Posts
yep, that is just raping and looting...

Bill
Law of supply and demand.
Also, please dont think i am suggesting you purchase at this price, just illustrating a short google search. I am pretty sure with a little persistence you can find one.
PS> As mentioned by others Norm is usually pretty good with emails. Send him an email enquiry and maybe you’ll get lucky and he will have one :)
Good luck on the hunt!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Law of supply and demand.
Also, please dont think i am suggesting you purchase at this price, just illustrating a short google search. I am pretty sure with a little persistence you can find one.
PS> As mentioned by others Norm is usually pretty good with emails. Send him an email enquiry and maybe you’ll get lucky and he will have one :)
Good luck on the hunt!
:unsure: my opinion remains steadfast...

Bill

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was able to talk to Norm, and he told me the factory dual valances are all gone.

BUT..... I was able to purchase one from a Solstice owner in Wisconsin who had just received his Norm's valance.
Valance dual outlet exhaust by jon72vega, on Flickr

A bit scraped up, but that won't show unless you are laying on the ground looking up at it.
Valance dual outlet exhaust by jon72vega, on Flickr

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
7,182 Posts
Use a propane or butane torch on the scratches they will disappear. Be quick wit the torch and keep the thing moving you do not want to heat the plastic too much. You only want to heat the surface.

Little trick to disappear scratches in plastic.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
You can actually use that trick on the entire rear valance and it will restore the color back to the black it should be.

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Use a propane or butane torch on the scratches they will disappear. Be quick wit the torch and keep the thing moving you do not want to heat the plastic too much. You only want to heat the surface.

Little trick to disappear scratches in plastic.
You can actually use that trick on the entire rear valance and it will restore the color back to the black it should be.
I will carefully give that a try soon.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Just keep the torch moving at a decent speed. The objective is to get the surface hot but not the interior. You don't want it deforming at all. So quick is the trick. Keep the torch close enough for the blue flame to hit the plastic. You will know when you are at the right speed because you will see the plastic change back to black as you go. So start off moving the torch fast and slow down the speed until you see the color change happen. DO NOT go over the same area again intil it fully cools. It can take 30 to 45 minutes for that to happen. DO NOT touch the part until it has fully cooled. You can end up leaving finger print marks in the plastic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts