Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
dylan01 said:
Went down to the licensing bureau today. I think I chose a great plate...
I chose....

[ 4YR WAIT ]
Excellent choice, Dylan! :lol:

I think you are probably one of the most deserving of Sol owner's on this site. You have certainly worked harder and waiting longer than most, that's for sure.

Enjoy your car, and all the comments and questions you'll get about your plate! ;)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dengel said:
Excellent choice, Dylan! :lol:

I think you are probably one of the most deserving of Sol owner's on this site. You have certainly worked harder and waiting longer than most, that's for sure.

Enjoy your car, and all the comments and questions you'll get about your plate! ;)
WOW!

Thank-you for the comment! very flattering! It was funny today at the licensing bureau, I got talking to the lady and she asked me what kind of car I was getting. I told her "Solstice." She looked at me, then her mouth dropped...and I mean dropped. She says "you, at your age are getting one of those?" I am like "Well you see, ive saved money for four years, so that is the only reason why I am getting one....and yes, im 17." She could'nt even believe me. It was priceless. I wish I had a camera there. She said I should have the plate within 6-8 weeks.

Boy am I looking forward to the day I go and pick up this beast. Halloween maybe? This is ironic... dads first car was a vette and he got it on Halloween. Maybe my first car will come in on halloween as well. :)
I originally had planned for it to come on my birthday, October 23, but I doubt it will be here by then because it has not left the plant yet. I was notified today that they are trying to get it on a truck with a few others today or tomorrow. This is maknig me crazzzzzyyyyy :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Well, I wanted SOL781 - wife veto!
I then tried to sell SOL1K - still no luck!
I then whinned to get 1ST1K - nope!
Tried LTDEDT - not happenin!

Ended up with her pick (go figure), but it's a good one - 1OF1K (Texas)

·
Registered
766 Posts
dylan01 said:
WOW!

Thank-you for the comment! very flattering! It was funny today at the licensing bureau, I got talking to the lady and she asked me what kind of car I was getting. I told her "Solstice." She looked at me, then her mouth dropped...and I mean dropped. She says "you, at your age are getting one of those?" I am like "Well you see, ive saved money for four years, so that is the only reason why I am getting one....and yes, im 17." She could'nt even believe me. It was priceless. I wish I had a camera there. She said I should have the plate within 6-8 weeks.

Boy am I looking forward to the day I go and pick up this beast. Halloween maybe? This is ironic... dads first car was a vette and he got it on Halloween. Maybe my first car will come in on halloween as well. :)
I originally had planned for it to come on my birthday, October 23, but Idoubt it will be here by then because it has not left the plant yet. I was notified today that they are trying to get it on a truck with a few others today or tomorrow. This is maknig me crazzzzzyyyyy :willy:

In Ohio plates take 5-8 days to arrive.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow that is like nothing! Soo quick. Well you know.. us canadians have better things to do. We would rather watch hockey, build our igloos larger and take part in the national polar bear hunt than look after government issues. :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SOLSTZ06 said:
Take a guess...hint to the left!
I don't understand.... Z06 is a vette designation :cool:

I'm kidding I'm kidding.

I tried to get SOL MAN but it was taken. I tried for Solstice and it was also taken. I may go for SOL M4N or 5OL5TICE.. but i'll do that all next year.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
dylan01 said:
. I was notified today that they are trying to get it on a truck with a few others today or tomorrow. This is maknig me crazzzzzyyyyy :willy:
When I got the word of waiting for others to make the truck it took about a week total transit. Mine was first on the truck, riding shotgun high and front and they were filling the truck from there, probably with me as final dest and locations in betwwen plant and here to fill in. This puts a little more info to the question of how far they will ship direct by truck - at least into WI. :cool:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
achieftain said:
When I got the word of waiting for others to make the truck it took about a week total transit. Mine was first on the truck, riding shotgun high and front and they were filling the truck from there, probably with me as final dest and locations in betwwen plant and here to fill in. This puts a little more info to the question of how far they will ship direct by truck - at least into WI. :cool:
Confused here... it took a total of a week from wilmington to lordstown to your dealership or it took a total of a week to get the cars on the back of the carrier?
-Dylan

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,600 Posts
achieftain said:
Mine came to WI via train from Lordstown to Janesville, WI. Truck from there.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Mine is being shipped by special order. I'm told that means they paid 3 midgets to push it from Lordstown to my dealer.

That's fun and everything, but it's not the quickest way. I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SOLSTZ06 said:
Ours left Lordstown on a Friday and was delivered to Oshawa by 1:00 on the following Monday....but it did sit in Lordstown for almost four weeks!!!!!
Ohh wow... 4 weeks eh? I am canadian lol (eh). I think GM is starting to put a priority on Canadian cars. I was told that there are numerous Canadian cars being tracked to get them here.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I don't understand.... Z06 is a vette designation :cool:

I'm kidding I'm kidding.

I tried to get SOL MAN but it was taken. I tried for Solstice and it was also taken. I may go for SOL M4N or 5OL5TICE.. but i'll do that all next year.
Why don't you try SOLST1CE (use a 1 instead of an I). Thats what I did. you've got to really be paying attention to notice the difference.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I thought about a custom plate, but when realizing who manufacters the plates, changed my mind.

1ST Choice-GUILTY
2ND Choice-10 TO 20
3RD Choice-RTRN TO OZ
4TH Choice-DED MAN WLKG

Then I got to thinking, I may get sent this plate:

UR A DED MAN :lol:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Marco said:
I thought about a custom plate, but when realizing who manufacters the plates, changed my mind.

1ST Choice-GUILTY
2ND Choice-10 TO 20
3RD Choice-RTRN TO OZ
4TH Choice-DED MAN WLKG

Then I got to thinking, I may get sent this plate:

UR A DED MAN :lol:
You must be spending a lot of time thinking about this issue while driving your new car....... ;)

Maybe I will have that kind of time when mine arrives. :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have two cars and three sets of plates. When I bought the 330Ci last week, I couldn't bring myself to mount the Soltice plates "SOM AIR" on the BMW.

Subconsciously I am still holding out for a roadster. Reality will probably be just keeping the 330Ci, since convertible weather in Ottawa is a couple days in the Spring and another couple of days in the Fall. :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts