Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in the process of installing a Kenwood DNX691HD head unit in my 09 coupe.

the unit has GPS and i'm trying to figure out where to 'stick' the antenna. typically these antennas are placed UNDER the dash top skin, as far forward as possible. (Kenwood installation instructions show it on top of the dash; but i've installed 2 OEM radios with GPS in my other cars and there was a place where it fit perfectly)

for those who have done so, where did you find was the best place to 'stick' it?
Bill

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS!!!!
:thumbs:
Bill
did you by any chance take a pic of it?

PS: pulling that plastic stuff apart was scary... everytime some popped/snapped i was sure that i had broken something irreplaceable....:cryin: :cryin:

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100 (sold)
2,735 Posts
That's where I put mine. Actually, right in behind the cluster, there was a nice little cubby that fit my antenna perfectly.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, i 'stuck' the GPS antenna between the gauges like y'all suggested, AND i took a picture... hopefully it won't interfere with closing down the boomerang..

NOW, my present problem is to do with the wiring the new Kenwood radio.

the installation instructions for the AXXESS Lan04 interface talk about connections to a continuous 12voltpower and a switched 12Volt source and i'll be darned if i can find anything in the existing 2 radio plugs for anything but a continuous power red/white stripe wired pin, but no switched power. how does the radio operate without switched power?

i can pick 12volt continuous from the cigarette lighter and and 12volt switched from the fan or diverter door switches above the radio if i have to. hopefully the additional radio amperage draw won't be more than the above switches can handle.

i have saved and printed the2006 radio wiring schematic drawings that someone posted here once upon a time, but I REALLY would like to have, at a minimum, a set of dash wiring schematics: or a full set of vehicle schematics. can someone please help???

BTW, it took me 2 hours to find the license plate light pigtail i cavalierly pushed back into the hole when i took the light out in order to have access running camera wires... practically had to disassemble the back of the car...

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.