Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My coupe came with a GPS antenna mounted on the windshield behind the rearview mirror. What device(s) is it intended to work with? Garmin? Built-in system? What????

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
That's your OnStar antenna on the coupe, behind the mirror, come to think of it, yep, it's probably a GPS antenna, too, since OnStar needs GPS to report back your location when you crash, or for other reasons.

I wouldn't know since none of my vehicles has a working OnStar device.

:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's your OnStar antenna on the coupe, behind the mirror, come to think of it, yep, it's probably a GPS antenna, too, since OnStar needs GPS to report back your location when you crash, or for other reasons.

I wouldn't know since none of my vehicles has a working OnStar device.

:)
Thanks. Then, what's the shark antenna on the roof for?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
The antenna on the roof is labelled as: ANTENNA,DIGITAL RDO. Required: 01
For: M07 (2009-2010) (2009 - 2010). (I interpret this as XM Radio. It was labelled in another drawing as Antenna for Digital Radio S-Band).

This is the one on the inside of the windshield: ANTENNA,M/TEL & VEH LOC(ACDelco #20779397). Required: 01
For: M07 GPS 1 VEH COMM SYS(UE1) (2009-2010) (2009 - 2010). (I interpret as OnStar, RPO Code UE1 is listed as "UE1
OnStar, 1-year of Safe and Sound plan")

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Dave. Since I don't have or want Onstar, nor do I have Satellite Radio, I guess we'll never get to see (or hear) either one in action.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
baltimoron, how did you get the On Star off the windshield? Did doing that eliminate your mirror lamps from working?
Hi, Jeff:
I was too lazy to go outside and take a pic of the antenna; so, I just grabbed a pic from the internet. I haven't removed it, but would like to. But probably won't, as I am useless with things like that.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
baltimoron, how did you get the On Star off the windshield? Did doing that eliminate your mirror lamps from working?
The Antenna slides off, can't remember which direction.:brentil: Then the mount can be removed cutting through the double sticky tape. You will have to remove the upper windshield cover to get to the connector to disconnect it. Lights work fine.

I installed another mirror mount above (higher) on the windshield and moved the RV mirror up. Made quite a difference in the 'view'.

HTH :thumbs:

Steve

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Ron - if you have any questions regarding GPS and/or satellites and/or radio all you need to do is ask the NSA. They can tell you everything you need to know. ;)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The Antenna slides off, can't remember which direction.:brentil: Then the mount can be removed cutting through the double sticky tape. You will have to remove the upper windshield cover to get to the connector to disconnect it. Lights work fine.

I installed another mirror mount above (higher) on the windshield and moved the RV mirror up. Made quite a difference in the 'view'.

HTH :thumbs:

Steve
YTH:thumbs: My windshield got nicked on the freeway a while back and I'm going to have it replaced soon. I'm thinking of going with a non OnStar windshield (without that extra blackout). How far up did you move your mirror?
Maybe I should check first with the NSA on this idea.
BTW, pure is great color on the coupes IMHO!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
YTH:thumbs: My windshield got nicked on the freeway a while back and I'm going to have it replaced soon. I'm thinking of going with a non OnStar windshield (without that extra blackout). How far up did you move your mirror?
Maybe I should check first with the NSA on this idea.
BTW, pure is great color on the coupes IMHO!
I had a windshield replaced and that is when I removed the 'box'. My glass installer acquired me another mount (he jumped in his dumpster and got one). I glued it on and raised the mirror after the box was removed. I moved it up so it was just below the blackout.
I believe if I was going to do it again, I would get a 'vert glass w/o the extra blackout. I had to wait almost 4 months for a 'coupe' unit.
Marty, one of the guys from MI. on our US666 run into NASSM 2013 measured and he said the mounts are the same on both the Coupes and 'verts but he was going to raise his to improve his View after he sat in ours.
Sounded like the plan!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ron - if you have any questions regarding GPS and/or satellites and/or radio all you need to do is ask the NSA. They can tell you everything you need to know. ;)
You'll never guess where I work............ :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I zee nuzzing, I know nuzzing...............................

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts