Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

What do you think about the new Gravana Body Kit?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gravana Body Kit: Where's the Pontiac?

Has anyone seens the pics of the Gravana Body Kit for the Solstice? It takes the Pontiac out of the Solstice. I'm sure somebody will want to do this, but it just seems wrong to remove the Pontiac look from the car. It now has a Honda front end.

I am not slamming the design (they are a sponsor :D), but wondered if anyone else thinks it should still look like a Pontiac. Or is that the whole point, to not make it one?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like their chop. Its kinda akin to making a cadillac into a custom. Remove the badges, section and chop. Its all about being custom. I do say the front end is nice, the only thing I'd like to see different is having a wire mesh in the entrances. To atleast offer a degree of protection for th eradiator and intercooler etc.. but its all about being custom :).

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

Aw, come on Brentil... you gotta admit, it WAS hilariously appropriate.

If only Troy had some decent smilies like this one I wouldn't have had to google a puking pic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like a castrated Sky now, it gets me how some like to take a great design and make a speedbump crackmobile out of it. They should call it the solsky ego enlarger kit. Comes with a custom enlarger kit in the trunk for their other area's that are lacking. It's a drag to see limited prodution car's screwed up.

·
5,600 Posts
I don't care for the Gravana kit at all. The car as designed looks very sleek and classy. The kit creates element completely inconsistent with the timeless curves of the Solstice. IMHO, it is pointless. I'm sure the people who put EVO wings on the back of their civics will love it. And I am not trying to be sarcastic here. I am sure there are people who will really love that look on the front of the Solstice. But those of us who like the looks of a Jaguar XKE, a Ferrari GTO or an Aston Martin Volante aren't going to like this look.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Aftermarket people just don't get the Solstice. They seem to think along the lines of, "Well this went over well on the Celica, so lets just apply it here too." The Solstice is of a classic roadster design school. Think retro 60's roadsters and race cars. That's the direction the car's customization should go, not to share the cover of some magazine with Kanji characters and girls with thongs and big fake tits. Anyhow, that's just the opinion of an old cluless fart that is absolutely in love with the Solstice.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Gravana1 has told us that they have three body kits designed, and that is the most extreme of the three. So don't worry.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
This incarnation of a Solstice body kit is not what I personally would purchase. But that's just me, I posted before in the other threads the items I would like to see. However there are plenty of people out there this kit will appeal too. As mentioned also this is the most extreme body kit, and I wouldn't be suprised designed for SEMA too.

Note as a moderator. If you didn't notice they have a banner at the top now meaning Troy has approved them in some manor or another. You can discuse how you dislike the product ideas, or how it could be better, or whatever. Please just do it in a respectable and civil manor.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
so, i guess no pictures of a guy puking in the toilet? You have to admit, as distasteful as it was, it was funny!

·
Registered
278 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts