Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Gravana Has Arrived - Welcome!

7K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  limitlessvp 
#1 · (Edited)
I was excited to see moments ago that Jim, owner of Gravana has arrived on the Solstice Forum!

:party:

welcome Jim! :thumbs:

We have a thread on your activities here:
Gravana Thread

I live 2 miles from your shop. Another memeber here (tednelson) is also local.

p.s. my avatar is a long running inside joke, I'm actually a nice guy ;)

Rodeo / Greg

p.s. I found him here:
Gravana1

#4 ·
Welcome! Hope you will enjoy our forum for the excellent technical discussions, our extensive emotional range and our award winning humor. I vote us best site on the web.

Attachments

#7 ·
Gravana Solstice Body Kit

Thank you for the warm welcome! Now that we have started work on the Gravana Pontiac Solstice Project Vehicle, we have decided to release a rendering of the new Pontiac Solstice with one of our three planned Body Kit upgrades. These images show the most aggressive of the three kits, the Gravana TD-R kit, which hit home with the under-40 attendees of our two focus groups. Without Pontiac badging on the renderings, European Performance Roadster was the common description for this concept. Ironically, the idea comes from 24-year-old Matt Teske, the design guru who has been instrumental in Gravana’s success in reaching targeted audiences with new products. Look for two lower lip options to follow.

Equally important, Gravana is developing and/or partnering with other manufacturers to bring the following upgrades to market for the Solstice:

• Body Kits (3 styles from a mild lip kit to full aggressive Teske Design body kit)
  • Hoods (Turbo-Sport style follow factory lines improving airflow and heat extraction without being obtrusive)
  • Rear Deck Cover (Carbon Fiber for weight reduction and style)
  • Air Intake System
  • Header & Downpipe
  • Exhaust System
  • Carbon Fiber Engine Cover(s)
  • Short Shifter
  • Sway Bars
  • Sport & Race Lowering Springs
  • Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension (Damping & Ride Height Adjustable)
  • Rear Deck Luggage Rack (2 designs for OEM & Gravana rear)
  • Slotted Rotors & HP Pads
  • Big Brake Kit (ETA - Late October.)
  • Audio/Video Upgrades (We are working with Boston Acoustics on several options, including a G5 Subwoofer kit that requires only ½ Cubic Ft. of rear volume space.)

Quite often, along with a new vehicle launch, come new start-up companies trying to sell you vaporware. Gravana is an established company, with products in-development and a primary goal to support the Solstice owner to the best of our ability! In addition, we will make every effort to offer the widest selection of products at the best prices. You are the owners who drive the demand for new products. We would love your comments and suggestions. Whether it is gears or floor mats, please tell us what else you want for your Solstice! Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jim

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

-----

#12 ·
MSG_McKee said:

That is a hot chop. Some were asking just the other day about a scoop and this is the best looking one to date! IMHO ... and I am more of a "purist."
Thank you. The airflow dynamics of the Solstice front end push air too high up and over the car to gain any true ram-air effect, so we are still contemplating an open drop for the air inlet (like we have on both of our GTO hoods) versus a ram-air style sealed box that connects to the factory intake system. We will see what happens...

#13 ·
MSG_McKee said:
Do you have any plans for the Sky? Any photochops?
We started working on our Sky concepts but nothing is concrete at this point. It is a completely different animal, in terms of design characteristics and opportunities for changes. However, we will commit the same level of support to Sky owners. We are 100% General Motors. From Pontiac and Saturn to Saab and Hummer, our business model is based on GM brand loyalty and building long-standing relationships with GM vehicle owners.

#14 ·
Welcome, Jim. I'm not to far, in Ventura.

One thing I'd like to see are custom replacement gauges. The OEM's are nice but when I saw the red ones in the GTO, I nearly...well, it would have been messy :leaving: . An assortment of colors would be wicked.

I'm sure I could think of more good shtuff...especially once I get the car!!!

#15 ·
I really like the way that render looks, can't wait to see it. Not to be a pain, but could you ball park the estimated price for that kit? Also, are you going to be making any lambo doors?

#16 ·
Audio/Video Upgrades (We are working with Boston Acoustics on several options, including a G5 Subwoofer kit that requires only ½ Cubic Ft. of rear volume space.)
This is sure to make some people happy.

#17 ·
I guess I must be too old...I m only 33 btw...but I really prefer the original design better. I do like this, but if I were looking at this kit, I would just buy a Sky. I like the curves and lask of sharp angles of the Solstice. Most cars today are angular wedges and just unappealing to me. Just my .02!

#19 ·
The three external styling things I'm desiring is a front spoiler for the current nose, a dual exhaust/rear diffuser panel, and an addon mini spoiler kinda like the Corvette ones, or a replacement CF rear decklid with something built in. Maybe a little mini spoiler like we've seen on the Sky or the MR2 Spyder JDM ones.

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum Gravana1! It is great to see the support for the Solstice growing! :thumbs:

As you progress with your plans for the Sky, you will want to start to check in with the people at www.skyroadster.com our sister forum for the Sky. It is not nearly as big as this forum yet, but it certainly has a number of passionate enthusiasts already.

I look forward to seeing how your work on the car turns out! That concept is hot! :cool:

#22 ·
tweakery?

deepdawg said:
I guess I must be too old...I m only 33 btw...but I really prefer the original design better. I do like this, but if I were looking at this kit, I would just buy a Sky. I like the curves and lask of sharp angles of the Solstice. Most cars today are angular wedges and just unappealing to me. Just my .02!

I think so too. I think it's well done, but would be interested in seeing additional thought being invested in the notion that the Sol has a retro look that is just begging for some tweakery consistant with what put the "good" in the "good old days". These mods do bring the Sky to mind. Having said that I fully realize that many others think differently. I guess I'm just hoping that some considerstion for the "classic" look be included in Gravana's offerings for the Solstice.

#23 ·
deepdawg said:
I concur on every point! Well said dawg!

#25 ·
SlySol said:
I've noticed that one of the minor problems a number of people have with the car is that the door panels (or inserts?) seem to be kind of a cheap plastic look and feel. Would Gravana handle any kind of upgrades like that?
ditto

#26 ·
SlySol said:
I've noticed that one of the minor problems a number of people have with the car is that the door panels (or inserts?) seem to be kind of a cheap plastic look and feel. Would Gravana handle any kind of upgrades like that?
We are literally looking at everything that makes sense to upgrade. If it falls under our core competency, we will build a prototype and see what we end up with. If it does not, we will partner with another manufacturer within that category.

Our immediate product list is based on our partnership with Pontiac, and their SEMA requirements, which explains why we have focused on visual impact products, such as Body Kit, Hood, Exhaust, Luggage Rack, Wheels, Suspension, Audio/Video/Navigation, Etc.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.