Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Funny this should come up. best jack I have is the one that came in my '72 Fiat 124 Spyder. Flat folding scissor type like this Mercedes one. Today I was looking at the trunk lid torsion bars and thinking about that space being about the right size for a jack, pump and plug kit in a waterproof pouch/bag. Just delete the torsion rods. I have the German hydraulic lid lifter. Wonder if it would keep the trunk open without the torsion bars as they weren't doing anything to assist. Of course removing the bars would be a slightly major production. Perhaps the angle grinder with a cut off wheel would make a sacrificial rodectomy possible? Any thoughts...?

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
The Cal Car Cover Lo Pro jack is the one referenced in Rob's earlier thread. The Torin looks a lot like my old Fiat jack but does not appear as sturdy. We get some good information going in these discussions. Gleaning the forum for the best compact air pump and plug kit has had good information surface for those wanting to create a kit we hope to never use. Like carrying a spare HPFP and installation tools. Hope I never have to use if roadside.

Richard Snipes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts