Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this response back from an email I send Pontiac regarding the question I asked if the Solstice would be offered as a COUPE and SOFTTOP.

This is the response I received:

Dear Mr. Cotellese,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2006
Pontiac Solstice! Great news, the 2006 Pontiac Solstice will be offered as
a coupe and as a softtop convertible. To obtain more information
regarding the Solstice, please visit www.pontiac.com or contact your
preferred dealership.

We hope that this information answers your question. If you need
additional information or have further questions, please let us know via
email or by calling Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00 AM-11:00 PM
Eastern Time, seven days per week. Again, thank you for contacting
Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Luke Wolkenhauer
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Wake up, man!

I'll believe it when I see it. As for now, rest assured that the guy was either confused, or full of it, and being vague and deceptive to tell you what you want to hear. The G6 will be offered as a coupe or hardtop convertible. There will be no Solstice hardtop coupe for 2006. period. It will be a coupe by the definition of having two doors, and it will be a softtop.

If I'm wrong, I'll post an all-boldface apology to AJC, and request that Solsticeman and Troy make it a sticky thread.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wake UP? This came from Pontiac - I did not make this up! I hope it is true.
:cheers

·
5,600 Posts
This is promising, but is inconsistent with all of the current Solstice publicity.

If a 2006 coupe were being offered, it would have been shown on the show-car circuits by now, and in the Pontiac literature. Therefore, it is not reasonable to expect a coupe version for the 2006 model year. The Pontiac Customer Relations Manager is misinformed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you guys might be right. I just got off the phone with Pontiac and they said there are no plans for a hardtop right now but it could change in the next several months. He did say that the Solstice will go into production in May and be available in July.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When the first Solstice concepts were shown, there was both a coupe and convertible but after it was made official that it was being produced, we have only seen and been told that it would be a convertible. I for one thought that the coupe looked great. Not that the convertible doesn't, but the coupe was just really neat.

It would be great if they had both but I'll bet that if there is enough request for a coupe, that they will just make a hard top for the convertible like they have for the Miata.

I also remember the Dodge Razor concept being introduced at the same time which was also pretty cool.

Ren

·
Registered
183 Posts
I highly doubt it. Unless they're going to debut it at the new york auto show which would explain our lack of any announcements at this time.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Agree, dated form letter. There hasn't been a peep about a coupe since the concept several years ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Be Nice

I have notice that sometimes when somone post info some of you are a little harsh on us. Take it easy the poor guy thought it was an offical letter from Pontiac why would they lie to him???????????? I know it's not going to come out in a coupe but the letter didn't seem like a form letter to me. A form letter doesn't usually answer any questions you ask, usually it just says thank you for your interest bla bla in our company. That letter actually responded with an answer to a question(we all know form letters don't answer any questions). How do you spell BE NICE? We are all excited about the solstice and don't need to be rude to any new info unless we think that someone is purposely giving bad info. :crazy

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
No harm in trying to be first with scoop. If I recall, when both coupe and roadster where first shown the talk was - expect the coupe and don't hold your breath for the roadster. "The only thing constant is change itself." (help please with author)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Pammy, we are not being rude to ajc, just laughing at Pontiac sending out stuff like that. Even if you follow the link they recommend (to pontiac.com) it only says convertible, nothing about a coupe. Coupe may come eventually but don't think GM could keep a secret that big for year 1 :jester

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Speaking of confusion on Pontiac, site at Pontiac Canada lists 6 speed manual and 240hp s/c engine although I bet this is just the specs from the 2002 show car.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
Speaking of confusion on Pontiac, site at Pontiac Canada lists 6 speed manual and 240hp s/c engine although I bet this is just the specs from the 2002 show car.
Yeah, we've had a lot of issues with those specs because a lot of people find those specs and never notice that it says 'concept' on the page as well. Which the 2002 concept Solstice had the 240HP Supercharged engine.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Follow the link to pontiac, and it doesn't say anything about a coupe - in fact it talks about the open air and that the top stores in the clamshell trunk. Once again, a PR person writing without the technical knowledge. We are gonna have to wait until it is in the showroom and the sales people will become all knowledgeable about their new product, just like us because they will be able to touch and feel it, lol.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Pontiac has announced numerous times that they are only putting the roadster version into production, and are not planning on making the coupe at this time. The form letter simply has a typo in it. Thats all there is to it. Its disappointing GM cannot edit their own marketing information.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts