Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chears and Gears has a thread with some nice pics of a green Sky with ebony. The OnStar/XM antenna makes it look like it has a tail though :(

Green Sky at C&G

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'm not feeling the Envious on the Sky... it's too drab on the pointy car, it makes the smooth curves look good on the Sol but just dulls down the Sky I feel.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
dori-san said:
I'm not feeling the Envious on the Sky... it's too drab on the pointy car, it makes the smooth curves look good on the Sol but just dulls down the Sky I feel.
Was that Randy Jackson ... ;) I don't like it on either car, so I agree;however, I cannot wait to see the Bluestone and the Sunburst Yellow :thumbs:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
I've been trying hard to hold this in, but can do so no longer.

"Green? What color _is_ the sky in your world?" :glol:

--Chemist (too many fumes, too many labs :lol:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I see at least one other agrees with me - I like the front of the SKY a lot more than the Solstice, but like the rear of the Solstice more than the Sky.
But you couldn't graft a Solstice rearend onto a Sky,because the Sky has
an edgy design while the Solstice has a curvaceous design. Would be like mixing oil and water.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the Solstice better.. but if I keep hearing about technical problems with the sol.. and the waiting list continues to grow into 2008, then it looks like I'll be driving a Saturn.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
lupado said:
I like the Solstice better.. but if I keep hearing about technical problems with the sol.. and the waiting list continues to grow into 2008, then it looks like I'll be driving a Saturn.
Well unless you've gotten yourself on a Saturn waiting list you're going to be waiting even longer for that car too then. A lot of dealerships already have a ton of pre-orders, and a lot of RL pre-orders too. Plus factor in there being half as many Sky's made as Solstices that doesn't help either. Whichever one you want you need to have put a pre-order in like yesterday. Also 2008 sounds kinda bogus as a wait time frame, if you get a pre-order in now and you're near the end of the dealers current 4 month allocation, or not to far after it you'll get a car the end of this year or the first half of next year depending on allocation or not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Funny, green (with tan) has been my fav color. Bought a green and tan Miata on impulse cause the color combo looked so good (five years ago). And I like the Sky a lot. But this color just does't make it on this car. Maybe live it comes across better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where did you get your information?

Where did you get your information on pre-ordering a Sky. I have now talked to 3 Saturn dealers in the CA Bay area and none are taking any names for a list. They all said that I should sign up on line and wait to hear from Saturn when we will be able to order. And by the way, at a local Pontiac dealer I would have been able to custom order a Solstice built this year yet for the small sum of a $5000 mark-up. I think not!!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
del_utz said:
SOL :thumbs:

SKY :yawn:
I like them both and if I were to say one was :yawn:, then it would be the Sol ... but in a good way! ;)

The Sol is smooth, sleek, and classy ... which comes across as :yawn: to the young guys.

The Sky mixes the choppy Caddy front with a hint of the Vette (vents) on the side. Add the vents on the hood and the Red/Black leather and I would say that the Sky is far from :yawn: . ;) JMHO Did I mention that the Sky has Sunburst Yellow and Bluestone? ;) :yesnod:

Again, I believe neither are :yawn: in my book. They will both be head turners ... all GM needs to do now is DELIVER!

·
Registered
479 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I like them both and if I were to say one was :yawn:, then it would be the Sol ... but in a good way! ;)

The Sol is smooth, sleek, and classy ... which comes across as :yawn: to the young guys.

The Sky mixes the choppy Caddy front with a hint of the Vette (vents) on the side. Add the vents on the hood and the Red/Black leather and I would say that the Sky is far from :yawn: . ;) JMHO Did I mention that the Sky has Sunburst Yellow and Bluestone? ;) :yesnod:

Again, I believe neither are :yawn: in my book. They will both be head turners ... all GM needs to do now is DELIVER!
JMHO, the sol has the classic roadster look, I think the sky looks like a combo Miata, Sol, and an assortment of vehicles, but each to there own, I just think the Sky looks like a bad attempt of looking like a modern SOL. But I am biased, no harm intended.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts