Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed a lot of people cant wait,Trying to sell on E-Bay.
But the more of you cant the better off for the real Solstice buyers.
I hope I get your Solstice .For those of us who are going to wait.
We will have great times ahead.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
The cars will be delivered when they are ready and not before. I don't understand the rabid frustration with some that the car will not be available until late summer/early fall. All I know is, GM is delivering the car about 2 years earlier than anyone had expected when they announced they would build a production version of the show car.

I see it as 2 years early, not 2 months late.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Waiting is ok with me. Just wish we could get more info from GM. i.e. Pictures on the proving grounds, in parking lots, in traffic, etc. Still waiting to here from auto magazines about how they like the near production car. Haven't had any real updates in quite awhile. Dribble in the information and the wait will become more bearable.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
jimbo said:
The cars will be delivered when they are ready and not before. I don't understand the rabid frustration with some that the car will not be available until late summer/early fall.
2 reasons I think are driving the frustration...

1) People in the north have an all too short summer. I see you laughing in the south and west :lol: but it really it seems that we are down to like 2 months of nice weather up here. Case in point it's like 50 degrees out here in NJ 3 days before Memorial Day :willy:

2) We live in a fast-paced, get it now world. Fast-food, express lanes, drive throughs, etc. When people put down a deposit on a car they want it now not later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
When I buy mine next winter, yes i said winter, i may drive up north and see if i can get a deal on one. And waiting for it only makes it that much better when you do finally get it.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Waiting patiently as the excitement builds

mustangnomo said:
And waiting for it only makes it that much better when you do finally get it.
I totally agree. I remember as a kid my mother saying, "It is often better to want than to have" and for me this is generally true. Although in this case, while I’m confident I will be happier once I have my Solstice, the wait will make it all the more satisfying. At least that is what I keep telling myself…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
I'm sure it will be worth waiting for, but us northerners have grown very impatient with the weather. If you see your shadow in October, it means six more months of winter and probably three months of a miserable spring. The last couple of years have not been kind. On most summer days you would have had to keep the top up --- rain, rain, rain. Oh well. Save the vacation time and head south and keep going until it's warm enough to put the top down. Then enjoy the ride.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
crj1949 said:
I'm sure it will be worth waiting for, but us northerners have grown very impatient with the weather. If you see your shadow in October, it means six more months of winter and probably three months of a miserable spring. The last couple of years have not been kind. On most summer days you would have had to keep the top up --- rain, rain, rain. Oh well. Save the vacation time and head south and keep going until it's warm enough to put the top down. Then enjoy the ride.
Good plan. :thumbs:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
crj1949 said:
I'm sure it will be worth waiting for, but us northerners have grown very impatient with the weather. If you see your shadow in October, it means six more months of winter and probably three months of a miserable spring. The last couple of years have not been kind. On most summer days you would have had to keep the top up --- rain, rain, rain. Oh well. Save the vacation time and head south and keep going until it's warm enough to put the top down. Then enjoy the ride.
That just means we are due for a nice summer or two for a change! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
I'm definitely waiting for Pontiac and the first 1000 beta testers to get the bugs worked out of the car. This is the first generation of this car, there wasn't a previous generation that knowledge was built upon.

I'm not going to buy many cars in my life, so waiting a year or two for a more bug-free car is important to me, since I'll probably be living with the car for many years.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
63 Posts
mceb said:
2 reasons I think are driving the frustration...

1) People in the north have an all too short summer. I see you laughing in the south and west :lol: but it really it seems that we are down to like 2 months of nice weather up here. Case in point it's like 50 degrees out here in NJ 3 days before Memorial Day :willy:

2) We live in a fast-paced, get it now world. Fast-food, express lanes, drive throughs, etc. When people put down a deposit on a car they want it now not later.
That really sucks, it was 97 here yesterday, and thats with rain, it got to 99 the other day and broke the record for that day in may. it will be fine here until october
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top