Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant wait for some of these greedy northern dealers to still have their beloved Solstice still sitting on their property come December. When the snow is flying and they are paying floorplan on the cars that no one wants until April or May. Being in car sales for a long time, it still angers me when dealers want more than MSRP for anything. I went through it when I sold the first Mitsubishi 3000GT's and now I have to deal with people on the new Mustangs...which BTW we are now discounting! And for thsoe cynical people that think the salespeople are making more...think again. Most times they pay a "flat" amount instead of the usual commission based on profit for these "market adjusted" vehicles. Many people are running out now and buying these cars over sticker for basically no reason. A lot of them will be parking them for the winter within the next few weeks. Heck its already in the 30's here. Not exactly convertible weather! So, again, I am looking forward to calling around in December and January to the dealers up here to see how proud they are that they hadnt sold the car to the people lined up NOW!

·
Registered
157 Posts
While I agree with you that it sucks when dealers sell over sticker, in this case I don't think they will be stuck with them come December. I have heard that a lot of the dealers in the southern states will buy any they can get their hands on, so I don't think they will have a hard time getting rid of them if need be.

I still can't figure out how dealers are getting away with marking up the Mustang...it's a freakin Ford that they make 100,000+ of a year and has been out for a year now...give me a break! You can even get Vipers for well under list! Wow, it's a Mud-stain...am I supposed to be impressed? Geez...there's a sucker born every minute! (Sorry if I offended anyone, but can you tell I don't like Mustangs?)

·
Registered
76 Posts
C5Vette said:
I still can't figure out how dealers are getting away with marking up the Mustang...it's a freakin Ford that they make 100,000+ of a year and has been out for a year now...give me a break! You can even get Vipers for well under list! Wow, it's a Mud-stain...am I supposed to be impressed? Geez...there's a sucker born every minute! (Sorry if I offended anyone, but can you tell I don't like Mustangs?)
Hey!!! I have a Mustang (2004 40th Aniv.) :)

But....... I'm getting rid of it for my Sol when it gets here (any day now.....Please)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortuantely, you do not undertand the mentality of dealers. They will not sell them to other dealers because it would mean the other dealer will make money instead of them. We had Mustangs sit last winter (as did other dealerships) and paid interest on them until the spring and then sold them for $3000 over sticker instead of $5000 over as we were in the fall. And yes..it is only a Mustang..but when Ford didnt make enough to cover the demand...well there goes the common sense out the window!

·
Registered
472 Posts
GM has already said that they will be shipping Sols to the South this winter. If you ordered one up North, you will be waiting even longer!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
As long as I get mine before November, So I can drive it home before the salt hits the roads, I will be happy storing it in my garage.

I love the Car so much when I"m bored this winter, I will just go out and sit in it.

It"s kinda like owning a hard to get motorcycle. You are happy to get it anytime you can. And if you store it soon after you get it, You can still enjoy it by just going out to the garage.

I agree paying over msrp is insane. But my Dealer will be making more money being fair with me. I intend to hand out his Business Cards and Info on the Car whenever Someone comes up to me and asks about the Solstice. Mitch :cool:

Attachments

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
MITCH said:
I agree paying over msrp is insane. But my Dealer will be making more money being fair with me. I intend to hand out his Business Cards and Info on the Car whenever Someone comes up to me and asks about the Solstice. Mitch :cool:
That is basically what I told my salesman and GM on Friday. They should give us a box of business cards to pass out when people ask about this car. In addition they could pay a small referral fee or credit towards services for each person that caome in with the cards we pass out. (Sounds like a topic for the marketing class I start on Monday.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
SunSports said:
GM has already said that they will be shipping Sols to the South this winter. If you ordered one up North, you will be waiting even longer!

This makes no sense to me. If a person in the north has a car ordered and is willing to pay for it and take delivery with snow on the ground, why not let them have it. Once the car is sold, GM should not even care where it is.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
:agree: :agree:
MITCH said:
As long as I get mine before November, So I can drive it home before the salt hits the roads, I will be happy storing it in my garage.

I love the Car so much when I"m bored this winter, I will just go out and sit in it.

It"s kinda like owning a hard to get motorcycle. You are happy to get it anytime you can. And if you store it soon after you get it, You can still enjoy it by just going out to the garage.

:agree:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Blk37Special said:
This makes no sense to me. If a person in the north has a car ordered and is willing to pay for it and take delivery with snow on the ground, why not let them have it. Once the car is sold, GM should not even care where it is.

I agree! GM's only logic is that there are so many orders that they cannot fill them. It does make sense to ship Verts to the Southern states in the Winter.

I'm sorry......I just used GM and logic in the same sentence!

Look at how long it is taking to get deliveries to the West Coast.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MITCH said:

On the bright side, you'll have plenty of time to get about 100 coats of wax or zaino on that sucker. You'll have a bullet proof sol when spring comes around.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sol2 said:
On the bright side, you'll have plenty of time to get about 100 coats of wax or zaino on that sucker. You'll have a bullet proof sol when spring comes around.
How true!

This Car will take the place of my deceased bike.

I enjoy cleaning and polishing almost as much as driving. Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
GO_DRVN said:
That is basically what I told my salesman and GM on Friday. They should give us a box of business cards to pass out when people ask about this car. In addition they could pay a small referral fee or credit towards services for each person that caome in with the cards we pass out. (Sounds like a topic for the marketing class I start on Monday.)
Most dealers in my area give a refurral fee, but I can't remember what it was for some reason I want to think 100.00 or 50.00 a person who comes in and say's you referred them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts