Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Radio (Monsoon w/XM). Occasionally, when the radio is on, sound will just stop in the AM and FM stations; if I switch to XM, no problem, sound returns. From there I've tried switcing back to FM and AM w/o luck. I've also tried turning unit off completely, turning it back on, also w/o luck. The only thing that restores it is turning the car off, restarting.

2. Intermittant wipers. Sometimes, not always, the fastest intermittent level is continuous (same as lowest continuous setting); other times it's normal intermittant with very short delay.

Has anyone else experienced either of these?

·
5,641 Posts
Could this be the wiper situation you are experiencing?

From the Solstice prep guide:

Windshield Wiper Operation
There are three wiper modes: Intermittent, Low and High. In the Intermittent mode the wipers adjust with your vehicle speed. Your wiper speed will increase as you drive faster and decrease when you slow down. Rotate the speed-sensitive intermittent adjustment band on the lever to increase or decrease the delay between intermittent wipes mode. It is important to note that the wiper timing will fluctuate with the vehicle speed.

If the vehicle speed is less than 50 mph (80 km/h), the wipers will toggle anywhere between low and 3 seconds between wipes. In certain weather situations, if vehicle speed is less than 50 mph (80 km/h), the customer may find it necessary to switch the wipers to the Low mode.

From the owner's manual:

(Intermittent; Speed Sensitive Wipers): Move the lever to this position for intermittent or speed sensitive operation. When you select this position, the delay will vary depending on the vehicles speed, as well as the manually selected delay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small Dealer said:
Could this be the wiper situation you are experiencing?

From the Solstice prep guide:

Windshield Wiper Operation
There are three wiper modes: Intermittent, Low and High. In the Intermittent mode the wipers adjust with your vehicle speed. Your wiper speed will increase as you drive faster and decrease when you slow down. Rotate the speed-sensitive intermittent adjustment band on the lever to increase or decrease the delay between intermittent wipes mode. It is important to note that the wiper timing will fluctuate with the vehicle speed.

If the vehicle speed is less than 50 mph (80 km/h), the wipers will toggle anywhere between low and 3 seconds between wipes. In certain weather situations, if vehicle speed is less than 50 mph (80 km/h), the customer may find it necessary to switch the wipers to the Low mode.

From the owner's manual:

(Intermittent; Speed Sensitive Wipers): Move the lever to this position for intermittent or speed sensitive operation. When you select this position, the delay will vary depending on the vehicles speed, as well as the manually selected delay.
I did not realize it was speed sensitive. I guess that explains why it's continuous at 80 :) Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts