Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my incident with the No. 23 a couple of weeks ago that resulted in someone poking a hole through the right front grill I ordered a new one through my dealer. It came yesterday, along with the left front grill and rest of the entire front facia! Thinking something was wrong the parts manager called GM (not wanting to be billed for whole the front end). They told him that was the only way it could be shipped since the Solstice is so early in production individual parts arn't available. Only being charged for the cost of the grill. So, I now have a whole reserve front! Think I will repair the damaged grill and paint one set black and see how they look set in dark blue. Keep the rest "just in case".

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whoa!!! Sweet! Maybe they'll just send me another whole solstice instead of the rims! (but only charge me for the rims!)

Hey dealernut... wanna buy a solstice???

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nix Sol said:
Whoa!!! Sweet! Maybe they'll just send me another whole solstice instead of the rims! (but only charge me for the rims!)

Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Maybe we should all be buying replacement grills...this certainly sounds cheaper then going the 3M Clear Guard route...what would it take to paint the rest of a bumper already off the car? Then you throw on your spare front fascia when the chips become unbearable.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
PAS22 said:
After my incident with the No. 23 a couple of weeks ago that resulted in someone poking a hole through the right front grill I ordered a new one through my dealer. It came yesterday, along with the left front grill and rest of the entire front facia! Thinking something was wrong the parts manager called GM (not wanting to be billed for whole the front end). They told him that was the only way it could be shipped since the Solstice is so early in production individual parts arn't available. Only being charged for the cost of the grill. So, I now have a whole reserve front! Think I will repair the damaged grill and paint one set black and see how they look set in dark blue. Keep the rest "just in case".
You should mount it on the wall like a deer. :lol:

Any pics? That would be cool to see.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Nix Sol said:

Would that make the new car Vicki? Since it would be (uh... you know)? ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
You know, you could make it into the foot of a new bed for yourself...then you could really have sex in your solstice!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
You know, you could make it into the foot of a new bed for yourself...then you could really have sex in your solstice!

:glol:

From what what I've read, it sounds like that has already been accomplished in the real car.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nix Sol said:

I double dog dare you to even make that joke. I would have a check ready so fast that it would make your head spin.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am picking it up this morning. Once I get the grills painting (honneycomb black, outer edge will stay silver) I'll take come before and after picures on the car.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked it up this AM. Didn't expect it to be painted (just white plastic) but it was and matches body color. It even has the turn/running light/flood lights installed! I'll bet this thing costs $500.00 as is! The grill snaps in place into slots in the facia (two lock in place with clips). In looking at it there is no practical way to modify it that would allow the grills to be inset. I will tape and paint sometime in the next month or so. I'll probably use a flat black.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
PAS22 said:
Picked it up this AM. Didn't expect it to be painted (just white plastic) but it was and matches body color. It even has the turn/running light/flood lights installed! I'll bet this thing costs $500.00 as is! The grill snaps in place into slots in the facia (two lock in place with clips). In looking at it there is no practical way to modify it that would allow the grills to be inset. I will tape and paint sometime in the next month or so. I'll probably use a flat black.
Use satin black. It looks much better than flat.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
PAS22 said:
So the only important detail that you've neglected to mention is: HOW MUCH DID THEY COST?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dori-san said:
So the only important detail that you've neglected to mention is: HOW MUCH DID THEY COST?
I will post once I know. Don't think they billed my dealer yet. My guess is between $35 and $75 for each side.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,592 Posts
PAS22 said:
PAS22, have you had a chance to fiddle with the new grills yet? Could you take a pic of the clips that hold the grilles in place and post here? I'm trying to remove my grilles for painting and need some help in getting them out of the facia. Thanks for any help you can render.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.