Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Solstice fans, I've been following this forum for quite some time, long before I recieved my SLY. just wanna say "HI" and show you my grill and get some feed back. However, I don't know how to post pics. Some help please, thanks.

6,548 Posts
use putfile.com, and post the link here!

· Registered
25,637 Posts
^What Rodeo said ;)

Upload it to putfile and then press the mountain button that comes up above when you're making a post and copy the image URL into the box that comes up. Good luck!

· Registered
791 Posts
jarhead said:
....However, I don't know how to post pics. Some help please, thanks.
You can e-mail me the pics and I will host them for you if you can't get Putfile.com to work...

[email protected]

- bspate -

· Sol Driving Member
2,822 Posts
Here you go....

· Sol Driving Member
2,822 Posts
Reminds me of the girl that drove the car on CSI...

This is a mod that will make your car distinctive, but is not for me. I don't think I will be doing too many mods anyway. Painting the calipers and flashing the ECM are good for me.

Looks like just one more are that will require extra care to keep clean.

2,788 Posts
Hi Jarhead,
I think you have the right idea, but it's not "exactly" what I want to do. I applaud your creativity. It's easy to respond to what you've done without having a better idea but I'm just not that talented. I know that the stock grill in my opinion is one of the weaker points of the car and I think we need to experiment with ideas like yours. I like the black ones that I have seen and am waiting for mine right now on their way back from Clear Image Automotive's chrome shop. I intend to continue to keep an open mind about grills and am ready to do something else as soon as I see the one I like. Good luck and maybe this thread will encourage other members to show us what they are doing and thinking about grills. Thanks

· Registered
598 Posts
Yeah, not my cup of tea either.
I would love to see a mesh, metal replacement grill for the rear though.

· Registered
791 Posts
Hey jarhead, great craftsmanship on this grill mod!!

I think maybe if you made the four holes on each grill bigger and made the overall amount of sheetmetal less and then perhaps painted the whole thing silver or black.......it would look even better.

Just my opinion. Don't stop here, make some more grills in different designs, materials, and colors!!

- bspate -

· Registered
159 Posts
I think it's cool. but for sure you'd have to have the polished wheels (like you do) to make the grill work.

Someone should design 3 or 4 grills that would be easy to install then sell them as a package so owners could change the grills when they change their mood.

I can see a Smiley Face grill & a sad face etc.

Archie

· Registered
590 Posts
I think it's pretty cool looking. Would know if I saw it in person. How'd you do it? materials, cost etc, if you don;t mind

Birdliver: let us know what you think as soon as you get yours back. I was interested but it sounded like they needed to keep them for longer than I wanted.

· Registered
460 Posts
jarhead, I like to see it with just the mesh you have behind the sheet metal.
Did you take any pics with it that way?

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everybody (please insert the doctors voice from the SIMPSONS) I appriciate all the comments. I was attempting to capture the late 50's early 60's sport machines but I'm new at this so I'll keep trying. The mesh grill is actually attatched to the sheet metal. All of the supplies I purchased at LOWES for under 70 dollars. I have a few more ideas that i would like to try. Thanks again for the input.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts