Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You know, the point is that if you like it, then it doesn't matter right?
Heck, I still despise the Avalanche but apparently the other 300,000 people the bought it see it differently.
I don't like the current grill in my car and maybe you can come up with something that I can replace it with.
Now get back to work and make me something!!:devil:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
It looks like it's going to bite me!!!!:willy:
Exactly what I was thinking ... definitely gives it a mean look. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the nose art on old WWII airplanes where they used to paint teeth on the front. And it's also kind of in that same spirit that you created it with your own handiwork it to differentiate your car. Nice job. :thumbs:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Jarhead, cool to see you jump in there and take a shot at this! I also REALLY do not like the factory grills in the Sol and want to do something. Here is what I like:

1. Mesh
Look at the front grills for the Cadillac CTS-V, or new 2007 Yucon Denali. I do not know how something like this grill would look on our cars though...

2. Inset w/chrome trim
Look at the grill on the G6, Pontiac Mini-Van, Vibe, etc. They all are black honey comb, slightly inset with a chrome trim around them. I think they all look 1 billion times better than the Solstice grills. Especially the G6 grills. They look really nice.

Request: Can someone photoshop a Pontiac G6 type grill onto the Solstice? How about taking the mesh style from the Caddy CTS-V and doing the same? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks hot with the wheels

A+:cool: for creativity, however "to each his own" safe cruising brother!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Can anyone come up with our stock grill in chrome or black with chrome edge?

·
2,788 Posts
Lots of good ideas, keep them coming everybody. I like Archie's idea of several different ones to change up. Also Ex and Jeff -the mesh idea is great and was mentioned sometime back. The reference was for something like what the XKE once had, nice. Once the core pieces are more readily available they won't be expensive and we can have several. If I can master removing them and putting them back in I'd like to have chrome, black, mesh and others to be named (hopefully here soon) later.

·
AKA SolWhat?
11,320 Posts
FireSol said:
Can anyone come up with our stock grill in chrome or black with chrome edge?
How about this? Imagine a chrome edge rather than the silver? Just takes some masking tape and some black paint. (Hint: test the adhesion of the paint/primer combo to make sure it's going to stick well.)

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I love the idea of the cadillac cts-v mesh grill with maybe a one inch chrome trim for the border, but I also loved EXCEISIOR's concept grill. Looks like I have another excuse to abandon my family for a couple of weeks... I'm anxous to attempt these!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Creativity deserves an A+... but I am running away man... fast!

Not for me!

·
Registered
674 Posts
SolWhat? said:
How about this? Imagine a chrome edge rather than the silver? Just takes some masking tape and some black paint. (Hint: test the adhesion of the paint/primer combo to make sure it's going to stick well.)
This looks a lot like the Pontiac G6 grill that I was talking about, just not recessed. Obviously, recessing it is going to be impossible for one of us to do. I think what I will try is, take it to a body shop and have them paint the middle either black or dark blue metallic (to match my Sol), and chrome the outer edge to look like the pic I quoted above.... Should be fairly cheap to do.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
jarhead said:
Incredibly original and excellent work. I'd like to get away from the honeycomb as well but to a more traditional black screen grill that fades away in look but protects the internals (similar to Excelsior's artwork). Good mod, Jarhead.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Kinda gives reminds me of Hanibal's head piece from Silence of the Lambs.

·
Registered
548 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
Kinda gives reminds me of Hanibal's head piece from Silence of the Lambs.
Funny, but that's the first thing that came to my mind...

Like some have said here, if you enjoy and like your mod - that's what counts.:thumbs:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts