Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Sol NA (work in progress)
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes too MUCH information is worse than not ENOUGH.....

So, I've checked out YT and seen how to replace the front grills on a G6. Read Rodeo's threads from a couple years back (which were quite extensive and helpful in other ways). But there seems to be two different approaches to the grill problem: Take off the bumper cover or drop the chin deflector and go in from the back. Neither of these are like the YT discussion for G6s, although the grills are almost identical and you'd think they would use the same solution.

Not really interested in messing with the bumper cover. Is dropping the chin deflector and going in from below the current recommendation? Did I miss one somewhere else?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Sometimes too MUCH information is worse than not ENOUGH.....

So, I've checked out YT and seen how to replace the front grills on a G6. Read Rodeo's threads from a couple years back (which were quite extensive and helpful in other ways). But there seems to be two different approaches to the grill problem: Take off the bumper cover or drop the chin deflector and go in from the back. Neither of these are like the YT discussion for G6s, although the grills are almost identical and you'd think they would use the same solution.

Not really interested in messing with the bumper cover. Is dropping the chin deflector and going in from below the current recommendation? Did I miss one somewhere else?

Thanks.
Dropping the chin deflector was the way I went. Made it much easier to remove the metal retainer clips from the grille tabs. Did not replace the metal clips. Without them, the grille can be snapped into place and removed from the front and there is no danger of the grille coming out without the clips.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Do your grills actually have the retaining clips installed on them? It seems to be a hit or miss item, neither my 2006 or my 2009 had them installed from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Do your grills actually have the retaining clips installed on them? It seems to be a hit or miss item, neither my 2006 or my 2009 had them installed from the factory.
I think it was hit or miss. Mine had two clips on one side and none on the other. They don't fall off accidentally. Mine were a PITA to get off, even from behind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts