Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice job! is that the original rim?
Hi Bill, the original abs grille with one tabs still in place is pictured on the left. The APS aftermarket on the right needed the bottom slots opened a little by cutting or as I found snipping the thin parts of the tabs supporting the slots. I suggest as others have to take off the front fascia to do this job. Getting the oem grille off by tilting the fascia and getting the clips off is not easy.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Hi Bill, the original abs grille with one tabs still in place is pictured on the left. The APS aftermarket on the right needed the bottom slots opened a little by cutting or as I found snipping the thin parts of the tabs supporting the slots. I suggest as others have to take off the front fascia to do this job. Getting the oem grille off by tilting the fascia and getting the clips off is not easy.
I can relate to that! Getting those metal tabs off was a PITA. When I replaced the grill, I left the the metal tabs off. Never had a problem with the grills staying on without the tabs.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
7 Posts
Hey Mark. I love the grill on the right side. I have been trying to get that type of mesh but couldn't find it online. Where did you find it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brethren,
Take a look on eBay, I think I picked up a pair for around $80.The smaller ones around the fog lights, were much more. Who Knew ?
Nervous

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mark. I love the grill on the right side. I have been trying to get that type of mesh but couldn't find it online. Where did you find it?
MAXMATE Fits 06-08 Pontiac Solstice Upper 2 PC Stainless Steel Chrome Mesh Grille Grill Insert $99.00 Amazon

Hi I bought my grill inserts on Amazon via Maxmate last year. The Amazon site said that they are no longer available but the real deal is that they are made by APS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts