Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like the 2005 Vibe has a similar honeycomb grille to the Solstice. I actually like theirs better because it's a bit darker in color than Solstice we've seen. The Solstice grille seems more silver/grey in color. I wish the Solstice would tint theirs a bit darker...would look nicer with with all paint colors, especially darker colors. Vibe also looks to be a smaller honeycomb pattern too.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
The first thing I plan to do is remove those grilles and paint them black. I imagine someone will have billet replacements available soon after release too. I just hope you don't have to take off the bumper cover to get to them.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
I am hoping to see some sort of recessed grille accessory, to open them up instead of having them flush with the fascia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
I think it's the Pontiac beehive style grill that bothers me a little bit. I'd like something more simple, it'll be interesting to see what sort of aftermarket parts start coming to the marketplace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
The first thing I plan to do is remove those grilles and paint them black. I imagine someone will have billet replacements available soon after release too. I just hope you don't have to take off the bumper cover to get to them.
Do you know if they are metal or are they plastic? If the grille is metal, it might be a better idea to powder coat them. I fear the front of the Solstice is going to catch hell from sand, small rocks, and "stuff".
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Chip said:
Do you know if they are metal or are they plastic? If the grille is metal, it might be a better idea to power coat them. I fear the front of the Solstice is going to catch hell from sand, small rocks, and "stuff".
My guess comparing other Pontiacs would be plastic, and a bear to keep glossy. But plastic saves weight. I would love to see a rendering of it in body color, along with door handles, etc.. just to see how it looks monochromatic.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
I agree, they have to be plastic. Nobody is putting metal grilles on cars these days.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
I do not think it would be to expensive to take the grills off and have them painted to match the color of the Solstice, I think it would look owsome. :thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
I believe that's what I'm going to do LatinVenom. Paint the grills to match the car. At least that's my initial intention. I'm wondering what sort of billet styles will appear and how they'll look on the car also.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,471 Posts
Michael, I would not want to change the design of the grille, but having them be the same color as the rest of the car like we both like, is defenetly the way to go, thats just me of course. Maybe one of the forum artist can do a rendering of the Solstice for all of us.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
554 Posts
Wire mesh ala Jag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Yeah, an easy, cheap and quick custom would be to paint the existing grill black with a spray can and then cover it with a metal screen, either like you show (that looks great) or just a stamped aluminium grill screen. You can buy that at Home Depo in the screen door section and cut it to fit with tin snips. Sounds like I'm jokeing but I'm really considering it. No need to wait for the aftermarket to make one pre cut.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
554 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Yeah, an easy, cheap and quick custom would be to paint the existing grill black with a spray can and then cover it with a metal screen, either like you show (that looks great) or just a stamped aluminium grill screen. You can buy that at Home Depo in the screen door section and cut it to fit with tin snips. Sounds like I'm jokeing but I'm really considering it. No need to wait for the aftermarket to make one pre cut.
I like this idea, maybe even add some fog lamps with a matching wire mesh covering
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top