Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like front of Solstice. It does look like a new Pontiac, but it looks a lot cooler. More like C-type Jag.

guess TCL thinks so, too. I always stop to see pic of the C-type.

Grilles on new 2005 Audis look Ugly to me.

- Kit Carson

·
5,600 Posts
I'm still trying to get used to the front view of the Solstice. But I agree, the grill is done very tastefully. My favorite aspect of the Solstice design is that it is integrated. Carved of a piece. Everything seems to flow into everything else the way it is supposed to. It does not look like it is designed by a committee, but designed by a single artist of the craft. Tasteful and elegant. This is a $40,000 design on a $20,000 car.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Actually, the grille on the Solstice was the one aspect of the design I wasn’t really sure about initially. The rest of the car has always looked great to me, but it took me some time to get used to the grille. It has grown on me, and I have grown to appreciate it as it integrates will into the whole front end design. They did a great job on this design!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree that the Solstice pictures have a strong resemblance to the C Type pictures. I hope that the car looks just as good in the flesh, and those who have seen it say that it does. It's about time an American manufacturer designed a good looking car. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I agree with what everyone has said. The Solstice design is definately a coherent, unified design and very balanced. It is a world class design and does have a upscale feel. I'd just like t say that I really like the grills because they give it a Pontiac family identity and the make the car easily identifiable. If they had gone with a single oval grill, it would have looked ok, but it would be just like almost everyone else. I only wish they had recessed them a little. I'm just not a big fan of the current super flush look where everything is smoothed over to look like a jelly bean. Minor difference of style. Still thrilled with the design. :thumbs

·
Registered
270 Posts
The curves of this car invite all sorts of touching from strangers running their hands along it's fenders and such. I imagine keeping a cloth in the car just to keep down the fingerprints!
This design reminds me of the first time I saw my first E-type Jaguar so many years ago as a kid. I had no idea what it was but it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.
The simplicity of design is what I love the most about this car. It begs to move and be seen...
Proof positive that beautiful design can indeed be affordable.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Only trouble is governments like NJ who require license plates that will spoil the front end. I'm considering running without one since it will be a weekend car. License plate officer?....oh the bolt must have broken off :devil

·
Registered
161 Posts
mceb said:
Only trouble is governments like NJ who require license plates that will spoil the front end. I'm considering running without one since it will be a weekend car. License plate officer?....oh the bolt must have broken off :devil
If you are close to the border...
Register it in Pennsylvania...
Maybe you'd only need a post office box? :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
palmer said:
I agree that the Solstice pictures have a strong resemblance to the C Type pictures...
Kit Carson said:
...It does look like a new Pontiac, but it looks a lot cooler. More like C-type Jag.

guess TCL thinks so, too. ...
Yes, a definite resemblance but not a copy by any means. Note the similarity of the fog lights on the Solstice and headlights on the C type. The grill curves follow the hood contour in both cars as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
mceb said:
I'm going to do the same, make sure the dealer doesnt drill the holes during PDI.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
I only wish they had recessed them a little. I'm just not a big fan of the current super flush look where everything is smoothed over to look like a jelly bean. Minor difference of style. Still thrilled with the design. :thumbs
GM is offering an accessory grill for the GTO which replaces the flush grilles on the nose with recessed ones. I have only seen pictures but they look good. Maybe they will offer a similar accessory for the Solstice.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Fformula88 said:
GM is offering an accessory grill for the GTO which replaces the flush grilles on the nose with recessed ones. I have only seen pictures but they look good. Maybe they will offer a similar accessory for the Solstice.
Oh that would be bad ass. I'd get those for sure! :cool

·
Registered
172 Posts
I also think the recessed grilles would look awesome. I think it would give the car a more "tough" attitude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts