Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information about ground clearance for the Solstice. I did a search but it was a while back and said TBD. I was wondering if I'll have to make any adjustments to my driveway or garage when I get it.

Thanks, Ray.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
It's low. Not sure I remember the number but it's tiny bit lower than a Vette. In the 4-5" inches area...anyone remember?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
GM has said on a couple occasions the Solstice is the lowest ground clearance GM vehicle in production. Which puts it lower then the Corvette which is ~5". One of our memberes measured the front black plastic part,I think it was around ~4".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
I'm actually very concerned about this...my driveway has a nasty curb. The only saving grace I have is the overhang, both front and rear, is about as short as it gets on any car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Pterosaur said:
I'm actually very concerned about this...my driveway has a nasty curb. The only saving grace I have is the overhang, both front and rear, is about as short as it gets on any car!
Ditto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Pterosaur said:
I'm actually very concerned about this...my driveway has a nasty curb. The only saving grace I have is the overhang, both front and rear, is about as short as it gets on any car!
I have a bad curb too!! I think what you can do is pull in at an angle, one wheel at a time. At least that is what I am going to try to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
A popular aftermarket accessory is going to be a front skid plate! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
My S2K is lowered and has about 3" clearance. I pull in diagonally with no problems. From what I have seen at the factory (outside only), the clearance will be sufficient. Especially with the wheels so far out to the corners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Slicer said:
My S2K is lowered and has about 3" clearance. I pull in diagonally with no problems. From what I have seen at the factory (outside only), the clearance will be sufficient. Especially with the wheels so far out to the corners.
can you post a pic of that 3" clearance so we can get an idea of what that would look like?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Are the Bilstein shocks that come with the Solstice the basest available, or are they adjustable? It seems that of all the shocks they make, the cheapest one is the only one not adjustable for ride height.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
swatthefly said:
can you post a pic of that 3" clearance so we can get an idea of what that would look like?
Not the best angle, but based on the pictures mceb posted, the Solstice has much more room.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
MeesterCheeser said:
Are the Bilstein shocks that come with the Solstice the basest available, or are they adjustable? It seems that of all the shocks they make, the cheapest one is the only one not adjustable for ride height.
The official GM Suspension addon package more then likely adds the adjustable ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
brentil said:
The official GM Suspension addon package more then likely adds the adjustable ones.
That's not a factory installed option, though (right?). Hopefully next year it will be so that we're not paying for 2 sets of shocks and 2 installations.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top