Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has scraped the front end ? I have a Impalla and it scrapes if i dont take a steep curb in a angle or taking off to fast on certain areas. Just wondering if it hits bottom.I know the car is short so i myself dont think it will be a problem.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
MikeTN said:
Just curious if anyone has scraped the front end ? I have a Impalla and it scrapes if i dont take a steep curb in a angle or taking off to fast on certain areas. Just wondering if it hits bottom.I know the car is short so i myself dont think it will be a problem.
There has been a number of discussions about this subject, and one of our members had some drawings with some good information about this issue, please do a search, I am sure you will find it.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I drive into my local Burger King (okay, I know it's not good for my health) over the weekend. I always used to rub the front end in my Miata. My Solstice never even came close to rubbing. I think the tires being so close to the corners help with the ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I drive into my local Burger King (okay, I know it's not good for my health) over the weekend. I always used to rub the front end in my Miata. My Solstice never even came close to rubbing. I think the tires being so close to the corners help with the ground clearance.
EX Miata Man,
Have you read Rodeo's review of the SOL, if you have not could you go to that thread and post some of your insights.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info

Thanks again for the information about ground clearance,just wanted to hear lastest info from someone who drives it everyday .

·
Registered
905 Posts
There was some talk on GM Inside News about lowering it 2.5" in the front and back, supposedly it looks really cool and is still driveable.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Adrenaline said:
There was some talk on GM Inside News about lowering it 2.5" in the front and back, supposedly it looks really cool and is still driveable.
this car is going to look awesome lowered. but i am going to wait till next year because i might not have it till then :( , but also because i am possibly going to get some bigger rims for mine and i want to get them first so i don't run into clearance issues. some of the photoshopped cars look sweet lowered.

·
Registered
316 Posts
No scrapes but Im very, very cautious. Ive scraped my 05 GXP Bonnie a few times in steep parking garages and driveways so Im very aware of this when driving. I think the Bonnie's nose is longer and therefore has less clearance on steep angles though it doesnt sit low per se.

I think the wheelbase design helps avoid scrapes on the nose. I am constantly worried about the doors and stay away from curbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.