Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Would you participate in a group buy for chrome grills?

• Yes

Votes: 47 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 45 48.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a company here (http://www.ultra-graphics.net/UltraGraphicsChroming.htm) that can do a chrome finish on any type of material, even plastic. I'm thinking about contacting them and seeing about a group buy where we could all send our grills in to be chromed and if there is enough people interested then hopefully get a 20% off or something. I'd like to do this closer to the winter because most of us will be parking our cars anyway.

I need to gauge the interest before I contact them so I can give them an idea of how many people would like this done. Usually the more people the better the discount.

Please vote above.

Edit: Can I get a MOD to sticky this for a week?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a great idea, Slip, but I think I'm gonna wait till a polished billet piece comes out on the aftermarket. I think it would match my polished wheels better.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good Idea, and thanks for thinking of us all. I will beg out, as I plan on blacking out my grill when I have the stripes added to my car.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2091351 said:
Is Chrome the only option?

Thanks for the great Idea!!!

Take care-Steve

:willy:
Good question :) I would imagin so.

I think a group buy should be all for the same thing because of different cost.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm waiting for aftermarket. I hope they have a woven polished stainless steel that looks similar to a miniature chain link pattern.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I'm waiting for aftermarket. I hope they have a woven polished stainless steel that looks similar to a miniature chain link pattern.
OooooHHHHH!!! I forgot about that - something like the CTS-V grille :) :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Primus said:
Depends on the price
The site says $175 for Grilles. I don't know if they count both grilles as 1 Grill or if it's $175 a piece.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
EW! Chrome grilles?

Sorry to step on anyone's toes, I'm not trying to be offensive. (Gotta be carefull after all that 'Rude is Rude' thread stuff)

I think the grilles stand out TOO much as it is, chroming them would only make it look worse (IMO of course). I plan on blacking it out with a silver lip, quite like the sport grilles for the GTO. I personally hate chrome, but I guess if you have crome wheels it'll go nicely with those...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think we need to add "Maybe. Depends on price." to the poll.

What about colored chrome, such as at Atlas Plating in Norfolk, VA. From the pictures, the green chrome looks close to the Envious color of the car. I don't how that would look. They also have Black Chrome. That might be interesting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
SlipSlider said:
There is a company here (http://www.ultra-graphics.net/UltraGraphicsChroming.htm) that can do a chrome finish on any type of material, even plastic. I'm thinking about contacting them and seeing about a group buy where we could all send our grills in to be chromed and if there is enough people interested then hopefully get a 20% off or something. I'd like to do this closer to the winter because most of us will be parking our cars anyway.

I need to gauge the interest before I contact them so I can give them an idea of how many people would like this done. Usually the more people the better the discount.

I'd like to have mine chromed to match the chrome wheels. However, my car will not be in until Novemberish' (I'm assuming). What time frame are you looking at?.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm with Dori--no chrome for me! I'm an all-stock guy by heart so I don't have any plans to change the grills, although I definitely wouldn't want chrome. I would be interested in seeing what a CTS-V type grill would look like...I think it looks great on the Caddy.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blue_q said:
I think we need to add "Maybe. Depends on price." to the poll.

What about colored chrome, such as at Atlas Plating in Norfolk, VA. From the pictures, the green chrome looks close to the Envious color of the car. I don't how that would look. They also have Black Chrome. That might be interesting.
I'm just looking for a number of people that are interested. If you are then hit yes. Price will be found out later. This is not a binding vote :)

If the origial company is unable to do this for us then I will call this Atlas Plating company and inquire about thier work.

The color chrome is different, if not a tad cheesy :) I do like the black chrome though. That might look great on the Grilles.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Since this is the first occurance of a group buy we've never covered these grounds before. Last time I talked to Troy about it group buys were reserved to Supporting Vendors/Dealers (and maybe Members, don't know on that yet). Since buying/selling stuff is just now going to start happening the rules for these types of things aren't very well known yet.

However it is perfectly fine to do product/interest guaging as you're currently doing it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AJB said:
SlipSlider said:

I'd like to have mine chromed to match the chrome wheels. However, my car will not be in until Novemberish' (I'm assuming). What time frame are you looking at?.....
Most places get snow from November - February (most places) so it would be in that time frame. If the car is parked for the winter then no one will care waiting a week to send out the parts to the shop.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Anyone know the material used on the show cars. I have a silver car as my wallpaper and the grill looks like metal. Where can we get stamped honeycomb?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I'm just looking for a number of people that are interested. If you are then hit yes. Price will be found out later. This is not a binding vote :)

If the origial company is unable to do this for us then I will call this Atlas Plating company and inquire about thier work.

The color chrome is different, if not a tad cheesy :) I do like the black chrome though. That might look great on the Grilles.
That's kinda what I would like...

A CTS-V wire mesh-like grille in something like a black crome,
with a polished lip and have the actual mesh sunk in from the lip aprox 1/2 an inch.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Are we absolutely sure that the grills can be separated from the bumper? Need to confirm that they're screwed or bolted in place and not glued or an integral part of the bumper.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts