Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the GTO supply caught up yet? Just trying to draw parallels to when Solstice comes out. GTO is different price point but similar conditions of hot car, short supply. Initial conditions seemed bad a few months ago during first arrival (dealers charging over MSRP).

The thread below is from a GTO forum...it shows "some dealers" that took orders for MSRP months before then refused to deliver the car without extra costs (holding people hostage!).

http://www.newagegto.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1174

Maybe by now they have them sitting on the lots :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
the dealer nearest to me had 6 on the lot before they sold one. and, they knocked 3K off of it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great...maybe that will teach them a lesson :wink

GTO seems overpriced at over 30k MSRP.

·
Registered
281 Posts
mceb said:
Great...maybe that will teach them a lesson :wink

GTO seems overpriced at over 30k MSRP.
naw, they wont learn. you remember those special edition 02T/As with the black wheels and graphics? they had a couple of them. 10K mark-up right from the start.

my buddy bought the GTO. its well worth the 33K sticker.:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well there al always those who must have the first on the block and they will always pay extra for the privilege.

Have heard of T'birds going for over $10K under stucker particularly now that some of the fleet specials (saw more on one drive to the Keys than ever before) are coming back in.

The real question is what the inventory will look like next February when few are buying new cars and those who must already have, particularly for those willing to buy the manual trans that avoids the gas guzzler tax and hurts GMs average.

·
Registered
21 Posts
GTO not being available at all in Canada has a few of us pissed at GM. Not unlike the insane price they came up with for pricing on the SSR in Canada...that one was even worst. Solstice is my last straw with GM. Let's hope they don't disappoint us because it looks awesome.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Motor Trend has a nice article on the GTO called '2 for 1' or something, comparing the performance of the GTO vs. the M-B CLK55 (which costs 2x+ the GTO). From the article, it seems like the GTO pretty much held it's own in terms of performance. Obviously not luxury, but it is a strong performer for the $.

·
Registered
21 Posts
at that price...they can keep it. I will not buy it if it's anymore than $32k loaded. But having said that I wonder if it will qualify on my corporate pricing plan...maybe I will be able to buy it at $32k loaded or less if it does. I pay invoice plus 2% on GM cars and trucks (except Corvette and SSR, maybe they will include that car due to it's low production numbers)

Odd...this post was in responce to "Atomicaracer" but it end up before it...oh I see...he has the wrong date.

·
Registered
55 Posts
it is my impression that the Solstice will be coming to canada at the same time as the states if not sooner because of our short summer months. I've read around june-july of 05 for canadians. and IMO the price should hopefully be around 35K canadian fully loaded mabye a little higher like 37k or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts