Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
That is funny to have that many guest,
But Solstice forum has a google add i how I found it and I have been googling Pontice Solstice for a while and never found this place

·
Registered
667 Posts
Mike; Just wait until the car is available to the masses.This place will really crank. I for one, will miss this smaller crew without the trolls/troglodytes and the flamefests. I only hope we can keep some of the flavor of the smaller pre-production site.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Chip said:
Mike; Just wait until the car is available to the masses.This place will really crank. I for one, will miss this smaller crew without the trolls/troglodytes and the flamefests. I only hope we can keep some of the flavor of the smaller pre-production site.
I don’t think losing that small, close knit feeling is necessarily a given. I have been a member of the Fiero Forum since before it hit 2000 members a number of years ago, and now it has surpassed 10,000. Sure there are troll problems from time to time (as there are on any forum), and there are a lot of people you are not too familiar with. However, there is a fairly close knit core of members, and new members do work their way into that core group and become familiar.

I think it will be fun seeing how this place grows. Now, we just need a few of those guests to register and say hello!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
solsticeman said:
Remember "einberliner"?
Yeah, I was thinking about him when SNYPER came along. Luckily everyone here seems to be able to resist starting silly flame wars and these guys get bored and go to other forums where they have thinner skin. Really weird way to entertain yourself, picking fights in cyber space. :rolleyes

·
Registered
284 Posts
The guest count also includes search engine spiders. They can spike it up once in a while. Traffic is picking up even without that though.

·
Registered
535 Posts
AeroDave said:
Yeah, I was thinking about him when SNYPER came along. Luckily everyone here seems to be able to resist starting silly flame wars and these guys get bored and go to other forums where they have thinner skin. Really weird way to entertain yourself, picking fights in cyber space. :rolleyes
I wish more forums were like this one and just ignore the obvious trolls. They always go away if they get no response.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Cold the auto show season be spiking the number of search engine spyders hitting the forum these days?

Trolling is a funny pastime that seems enjoyable for a number of people on cyber space.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm sorry guys, still learning all the lingo. What is a spyder? Troll? -- I get that some people like to start cyber fights, but just trying to be clear. I'm here b/c the car impresses me. I'm not one to go from group to group.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
A Spider is the program used by companies like google, yahoo, msn, altavista, etc to harvest all the information from the web they use to do their searches with.

A troll is usually someone who like to start fights in forums. It has more meanings but thats an easy answer.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The increased bot activity is probably due to the increased forum activity. The bots are finding that more changes are being made more often so they have to index more often to keep up with the changing information.

There is a much large population of active users then I've ever seen here before, along with much higher guests too.

If you notice too, a lot of users who registered a long time ago are begining to post more frequently as well. Along with more active new users too.

You can tell it's getting close to Solstice time!!! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
brentil said:
If you notice too, a lot of users who registered a long time ago are begining to post more frequently as well. Along with more active new users too.

You can tell it's getting close to Solstice time!!! :D

I think I would be categorized in that area. I think there are many of us who read everything that's posted. But in just the last 2 days, things have been heating up. (with cardealers post with options/colors and such)
Good times....and I bet in a couple more days we will have even more info to drool over.

--Mark

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
gonnagetone said:
I think I would be categorized in that area. I think there are many of us who read everything that's posted. But in just the last 2 days, things have been heating up. (with cardealers post with options/colors and such)
Good times....and I bet in a couple more days we will have even more info to drool over.

--Mark
Yeah, the LA Auto Show and NAIAS should give us some sweet info.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Your right Brentil! There has been a lot of increased activity on the forum this week! It has been more difficult for me to keep up with all the active threads lately! The autoshow season seems to really be peaking peoples interests!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm guessing the site got so much traffic today from the Sky announcement that the resulting activity nuked the server or database server.

Just glad the sites back up, was afraid I'd have to cry myself to sleep tonight instead of getting my Solstice/Sky fix. :D

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
I'm guessing the site got so much traffic today from the Sky announcement that the resulting activity nuked the server or database server.

Just glad the sites back up, was afraid I'd have to cry myself to sleep tonight instead of getting my Solstice/Sky fix. :D
Wow, I didn't know things were down this afternoon! It has been up whenever I checked in. Glad things are ok! The day the Sky was announced is no day to be down! :cheers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts