Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

GWG in Naperville, IL 3/13

3K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  MountainKing 
#1 ·
Hey I know this is last minute, but thought I'd throw it out there if anyone wants to meet up for a few minutes tomorrow night. I have a tax appointment in downtown Naperville at 7:30 pm. I may be able to do something quick before, but could definitely do something for say an hour or so afterwards...8-9...9:30 ish.

If anyone is local and wants to meet up quick tomorrow, let me know! :)

#3 ·
Dang! We'll that's not gonna work!!

If no one is around tomorrow night...I'll just be in for my tax appointment quick and then back on the road. My old neighbors moved to Georgia last year, and my best friend will be out of town. :(

#4 ·
Ahhh I'm like less than 10 minutes from down there, I'm suppose to dog sit for my roomate but when i talk to her tomorrow I'll try to see if I can get out of it! I wish I read this an hour ago since I just agreed to it...when are you heading up to this area?

#5 ·
Well my appointment is at 7:30 pm. Depends on if I can get out of work early or not. Probably the earliest I can make it up would be about 6:00-6:30...closer to 6:30 to be safe.

#6 ·
Well I could always pop on over there, just let me know when and where.

#7 ·
Got any good spots in Naperville? I used to know the Route 59 area, but it'll take at least 15 minutes with traffic to get from Rt. 59 into downtown Naperville. Be better if we could stick around downtown.

Lou Malnati's maybe. It's right on Jefferson and only a few blocks from my tax guy. Or I know there are tons of little places right downtown...the trick is finding one that isn't beyond pricey! And not completely packed!! :lol:

Looking on google quick...there's a Mongolian BBQ place, Hugo Frogs Bar (probably good for a beverage, but dinner is seafood and sounds pricey) or Lou's. We could park it and wing it too. It's not like downtown Naperville is all that big.

#17 ·
They have food, real good food if I remember. Monglian BBQ is excellent for food as well, it's a little more fun enviroment. It's right across the street from the 2nd/3rd level entrances of the..I guess you could say old parking garage. Damn I wish I could go with you guys!!!
I think I know which parking garage you're talking about. Well if you can't make it and it's just Mike and I, we'll probably just wing it. Figure it out when we get there.

I was hoping you could make it. Dang. :(

#18 ·
I think I know which parking garage you're talking about. Well if you can't make it and it's just Mike and I, we'll probably just wing it. Figure it out when we get there.

I was hoping you could make it. Dang. :(
Nah I know I can't, my roomate's got a board meeting tonight and has this thing about leaving her dog alone, I agreed to play babysitter which is fine because he's a cool dog. Next time let me know if you're up in the area, it's very rare I ever have anything real concrete going on, I generally just wing everything I do :cool:

Have a save trip up here!!

#10 ·
I was thinking about it, but my kids have a high school choir concert. Daughter graduates end of May, so I'm not missing it. Have fun!

#20 ·
Don't blame you there. I'll see you Saturday.

#14 ·
Well I'll probably want to grab some food, as I'll be heading there right after work.

#15 ·
Well, we could do Lou's then. I tried to look at the menu online to make sure they had something for you, but I'm sure they do. I may have to skip out and come back if we get pizza though. I haven't been there in about 8-9 years, but I'm almost positive it takes about an hour.

Why don't I give you a holler when I leave here so you'll have an idea on time. It'll take me about 1-1/2 hrs from work to downtown Naperville. Assuming traffic isn't terrible. I'll be mostly on back roads though...until I get into Montgomery.

#22 ·
MountainKing, thanks for the suggestion of Quigley's. The food was quite good, and nice atmosphere. Too bad it takes me about 40 mins. to get there, or I might go more often.

#23 ·
Not a problem, it's one of the few places down there I don't mind. It's not really a "meat market" type bar if you get my drift. There was another great bar down there called Red Door but I think they have gone out of business in the last year. I'm less than 10 minutes from that area and I don't really make it down there that often! Next time you guys get together let me know and I'm in for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.