Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm gonna wait till I kill my oem clutch, then see what options are. If it were to go[e] tom[a]rrow most likely spec stage 2+.

Hafizmo, have the flywheel too?
Nope, I don't have the flywheel. My stock flywheel was not glazed badly and was machined to adapt to the Spec and utilize their "360 pivot..." and I've had it for roughly 18k miles and I've raced plenty and daily drive every day no issues yet. The whole chattering like a mofo thing, is more just one or two people with issues being taken out of context. I agree with CarbonTech on this one for sure. A properly installed flywheel (or machined) and properly installed clutch shouldn't have crazy chatter. But, to those of you that did experience chatter, I am NOT implying you or your installers are incompetent, maybe I'm just lucky. Next time you ever decide to come up to Orlando (you really should, seeing as though you stood me up for the track meet last time) I'll let you drive it and see what you think about it first hand.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
My Fidenza fly wheel just came in and I am waiting on the SPEC stage 3 to arive.
I've already had the trans out when I was going to put in Excedy Flywheel and Clutch, but they had bad info on their website (since fixed), and they don't plan on making anything for the 2.0T at all.
I know you had some "issues" with the last clutch (attempt), but without the delays, what is a realistic time frame for the R&R?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Next time you ever decide to come up to Orlando (you really should, seeing as though you stood me up for the track meet last time) I'll let you drive it and see what you think about it first hand.
it's like that...aight:lol: let you know when i go back up, we'll def make it to the track next time:devil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Guy - 07 GXP

Proud owner of one of my dream cars as of last month and starting to have some wacky issues that I THINK is related to the clutch.
Biggest issue I've seen is the lack of options for the 2.0LNF. Literally asked 3 separate mechanics and they have to scour the web to find anything to offer.

Getting "chatter" when going from dead-stop to first then when as speed I'm getting a warble/vibration - may be two separate issues, not sure.

Want to daily it but also may track it a couple times a year in the future. Any suggestions on clutch/flywheel would be greatly appreciated. :grin:

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts