Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
This was already in the” looking for a coupe now” post. I agree it is really a low price. It does have high miles but also includes the soft top, that could bring $2000. Pictures look good but price would be more in line with a salvage car!! Someone may be getting a good deal.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
They must be going off of the KBB value. For a "great" condition '09 GXP coupe, the site says $6200-$8200 with a median of ~$7300.

I'd love to know how they're calculating that number. Probably not including "coupe" in their transaction search.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
A lot of people advertise the convertible as a coupe. Kelly blue book is wacky. Someone will get a great buy. That would be a good price even on an 09 convertible with high miles. Wish it was closer. I’m sure my wife would let me have another!!!!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I don't think he realizes what he has...or it has a salvage title....

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I don't think he realizes what he has...or it has a salvage title....
It does have 114,000 miles but still a great price and looks good in pictures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is on consignment at dealer and the posted price was in error...it is now listed at $18,500.00. So much for a killer deal being real :(. With it 114K miles, it is not an attractive deal any more to me any more. Oh well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drove over to buy it, as it was too good a deal to pass up. Walk up to it and the sign says $18,500. I walk in to tell them their internet price is wrong. Guy was super apologetic, but I still wasted and hour. BTW, it's not as nice as the photos show.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Revson, the price has dropped from the unrealistic $18,500 down into the $15K range... still too high for my blood at those miles, etc. As you saw it in person, what made you say that it was not as nice as the photos show?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Revson, the price has dropped from the unrealistic $18,500 down into the $15K range... still too high for my blood at those miles, etc. As you saw it in person, what made you say that it was not as nice as the photos show?
Headlight lens are fogged and it has a few dings on the body. Nothing that makes it a deal breaker, but for that money and the high mileage, should be cheaper.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow, price now listed at $13,500 .. not bad!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, price now listed at $13,500 .. not bad!
A friend of mine purchased the vehicle, they must have been slow to remove it from the site. Car sold for sub $11k, best deal on a gxp coupe that I have ever heard of. Car is currently at performance autowerks having a manual transmission conversion done.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I wonder what Dave is charging for the conversion. It's non-trivial. Wouldn't be worth it for a convertible GXP, but for a coupe... I'm jealous.

Tell him to go ahead and stuff in a T56. :)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
A friend of mine purchased the vehicle, they must have been slow to remove it from the site. Car sold for sub $11k, best deal on a gxp coupe that I have ever heard of. Car is currently at performance autowerks having a manual transmission conversion done.
Wow, thanks for letting us know. Be nice if PAW documented the conversion.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
It's not difficult, just time consuming and takes a ton of parts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope it is somehow identified as a conversion as it may make my original GXP manual coupe worth a little less... ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wonder what Dave is charging for the conversion. It's non-trivial. Wouldn't be worth it for a convertible GXP, but for a coupe... I'm jealous.

Tell him to go ahead and stuff in a T56. :)
For this particular job the total was right at $3,000 but it includes replacing bar sensors and giving it a werks tune. Since this friend is an avid trackday junkie I think it is only a matter of time before he and I have a solstice vs solstice battle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts