Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i will be switching my n/a to a dual setup soon and was pricing out oem rear valences. went by the local dealer and they pulled up $433 special order!! i know norms has his for under $300 , and other various oem GM parts sites have them for $355. is this the best i will get? or is there another source for these.

by the way... they had some black camaro convertible in the showroom with a $58,000 price tag on it... not only did i nearly throw up , but was flabergasted that anybody would pay that much for a CAMARO.!! wasnt it supposed to be the poormans vette? unbelievable

·
Registered
221 Posts
I thought I saw a price of $125, and I think it was tomato soup that noted it. At the time I thought it was a real good price, and I should have ask who was selling them for that because I may want to replace mine. I know I had priced it a couple of years ago when I had a N/A and wanted to change it to duel outlet, and the best price I found was $385.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
so i will be switching my n/a to a dual setup soon and was pricing out oem rear valences. went by the local dealer and they pulled up $433 special order!! i know norms has his for under $300 , and other various oem GM parts sites have them for $355. is this the best i will get? or is there another source for these.

by the way... they had some black camaro convertible in the showroom with a $58,000 price tag on it... not only did i nearly throw up , but was flabergasted that anybody would pay that much for a CAMARO.!! wasnt it supposed to be the poormans vette? unbelievable
That should have been the Z1 Camaro. The Z1 Vette is $111.600. So it is still the poor mans vette.:lol:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I found GMPartsShop.com has the rear dual exhaust valance for $294 and the GXP dual exhaust for $542, both prices plus shipping. The dual exhaust valance was listed under rear bumper parts. GMpartsdirect seems to have them for a few dollars more. I am considering changing my 2009 NA 2.4L coupe to the GXP exhaust. DDM said in another post that "it bolts right up".

Has anyone had experience with this conversion? How does it sound? Was there a performance increase?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Wow, I'd wait for one used or from a wrecker yard. It's just a piece of plastic and they used to frequently show up here for easily half that (if that). I don't think I've yet purchased anything retail for this car (except those front hub bolts).

Did any turn up on used part searches?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I called Solo asking if they had any GXP valances and they told me they didn't have any but thought dealership listed them around $125.

Yeah, that 58K Camaro was probably a ZL1, just saw one recently at a local car show (and even though I don't care for the term awesome the sound of it was). Price does seem hard to justify compare to run of the mill C6, but compared to a ZR1 Corvette that's over $100,000. Guess it goes back to that old saying; You wanna play you have to pay.

Edit: Wanted GXP valance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a feeling that now since it is a special order item , they just jacked it up. i think that $125 price went away with $1/ gallon gas unfortunatly. i found a unit for $355 , so now i just have to decide if i want to do norms custom or retain the factory look. i figure with painting, norms piece will be about the same.

now for off-topic
as far as the run of the mill C6... i'll take it.. good enough for me !! i know the zr1 had some special mechanical differences, but as far as the rest of the car , i dont think that price is justified. unless they are using hand-picked italian leather from cows fed by vegetables grown on the top mt vesuvious and there is interior wood (which there is none) hand selected from some rare forest in africa... its still the same GM materials!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Just called a local GM dealer $433, look like Norms is the way to go. So does this mean GM increases prices the less their are of parts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just called a local GM dealer $433, look like Norms is the way to go. So does this mean GM increases prices the less their are of parts?
so by that logic , GM should be making our cars appreciate more and more every year!!
they call it special order i guess because they have to go to a different warehouse now? doesnt seem fair to tack on that much more money. im sure there are still thousands of those things in inventory as they are not a heavily requested part. that crap just bugs me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree the supply and demand rule seems a little bent. When I decided to buy some new leather seat covers, I found that the parts they sell the least of are the highest priced. Red stitching costs less than silver, and passenger side is more than driver side. Nothing surprises me now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts