Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
8,131 Posts
just a factoid... the magnaflow system is 3"

Bill
Sort of - it necks down at the connection to the CAT. I think that Solo makes the only system that is 3" all the way through

· Registered
8,131 Posts
Magnaflow did what many manufacturers do - they claim that their system is a 3" (or whatever) diameter system even if it necks down smaller at some point. Guess we could marlet a 6" system and not mention that there is a short bit where it necks down to 2" but that doesn't seem to be that honest.

OTOH, if everything in their system is, say, 3", I suppose that they have no obligation to mention if, for instance the factory CAT has a 2.5" neck - that isn't part of their aftermarket system - except that if their system necks down to mate with the 2.5" factory CAT, one will feel deceived if they weren't warned.

· Administrator
12,148 Posts
If the only place that is 2-1/2 inch is the cat connection, there is nothing wrong with calling it a 3 inch system. The benefits of the larger pipe is still there, as the cooler gas is what needs more flow capacity.

· Registered
8,131 Posts
This is one of my old Jags (long departed), a MK 9. Great car and very limousine like. We called it Moby Jag due to the size.
View attachment 125935

1 - 19 of 19 Posts