Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Some have said there are step-by-step instructions on how to remove/replace a front bumper. I have a GXP, so it's probably a bit different than the base (n/a).

In my first week of ownership (about a month ago) I hit the passenger side front bumper (or fascia) against my narrow (7ft wide, built in '48) garage door opening, going at the crazy high speed of 2 mph in reverse, and it bent the plastic bumper/fascia just below where it meets the metal body, just in front of the front passenger-side tire (I now park in a 8ft wide garage space). It also pushed the bumper/fascia in a bit on the that side, causing a very small bow out noticeable just below the passenger side headlight (ugh). It also cause the plastic guard underneath the bumper (part #27 on gm parts website) to pop off on just that side, so it's hanging down (got to get that problem fixed before snow comes). Some silver (cool) paint also came off the plastic bumper/fascia.

I'm going to see what I can fix myself before I take it to have it repaired. So if anyone can give me some pointers on GXP front bumper/fascia removal, and/or straightening the bumper/fascia brackets to eliminate the bow, it would be much appreciated. I've heard it's easy to remove the bumper/fascia, but more knowledge can only help.

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
17,529 Posts
The front bumper is actually very easy to remove. It is a bit tedeous but if you start on the bottom and begin removing the fastners you will find it easy to do. The only "tricky" parts are removing the two brake vents and the electrical connectors. One for each side marker and others to the head lights and turn signals.

I started with no instructions and just began pulling out the bottom and worked my way around. Easy to do.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! Thanks for the tips.

The front bumper is actually very easy to remove. It is a bit tedeous but if you start on the bottom and begin removing the fastners you will find it easy to do. The only "tricky" parts are removing the two brake vents and the electrical connectors. One for each side marker and others to the head lights and turn signals.

I started with no instructions and just began pulling out the bottom and worked my way around. Easy to do.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts