Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GXP RCD (REAR CENTER DUAL) SOLO PERFORMANCE EXHAUST KIT-NOW AVAILABLE...

In our continuing effort to give you a performance exhaust choice we have developed the GXP RCD Exhaust Kit. This kit is a full stainless steel exhaust. The pipes are polished T409 stainless and the muffler and tips are polished T304 stainless. The muffler is a a dual-in dual-out true X design. It is similar to our Mach muffler but has a shorter body. We had to design this muffler specifically for this kit. It's only 11" long. It's uncommon to have a dual-in dual-out free flow muffler that is this short. The space constraints inherent in the GXP for rear center duals offered another interesting benefit. The sound is very unique! Since the muffler is smaller the sound lies right between our Mach kit and our Street Race kit. Not too loud, not too quiet and no droan.

Thank you Todd and Maika'i for your patience and the great distances you drove to enable us to do this project. Thank you Norm (Norm's Fiberglass ) for the great painted fiberglass valence that you make for this kit.

Pre-sale price for the first 20 kits sold is $899.00 plus $100 for shipping. This includes the painted rear valence. This valence can be painted to match your car's color or you can mix it up. The regular forum discounted price will be $999.00 plus shipping.

If you have questions feel free to either ask on this thread, PM Goingsolo, E-mail [email protected] or call Jeff at 905-703-1557.
For orders please contact Jeff at 905-703-1557 or Zoro Muffler at 905-897-6833.

We hope you enjoy the pics and videos. Thanks so much for all your support.

GXP RCD 002a.jpg

GXP RCD 001a.jpg

GXP RCD 003a.jpg

GXP RCD 004a.jpg

GXP RCD 007a.jpg

GXP RCD- Drive By:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hySmsH9ebcE

GXP RCD- In cabin driving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY-nKY09e9w

GXP RCD- Revving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTfpNQtOrI

GXP RCD- In cabin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cauS9wp3AwU

·
Registered
20 Posts
love it jeff! check your pm.
randy

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Jeff,Have you posted videos taken in Nashville yet?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Thank you Todd and Maika'i for your patience and the great distances you drove to enable us to do this project. Thank you Norm (Norm's Fiberglass ) for the great painted fiberglass valence that you make for this kit.
No, I should be thanking YOU! :bow: I'm not worthy of having this "instrument" on my car.

This is THE best mod on my car. :willy: The car already turns heads, but I get compliments on the exhaust tone and the looks of the exhaust all the time.

If you think the sound is awesome, just wait 'till you hear it with an ECU tune! I've got the BSR tune. It did not become louder, but it became throatier (is that a word?). The tone of the exhaust implied "power" before. Now, with the ECU tune, it says "I'm gonna kick your a--!"

I am so friggin' happy I drove up there to get this. Even with the rock hit I suffered on the PA Turnpike! (That's been fixed.)

Thanks again for such a great looking and sounding product. I honestly can't think of enough superlatives to describe your product. I can't imagine anyone being anything but absolutely thrilled and delighted at having it on their car.

At WOT, the symphonious tone of the exhaust note is truly intoxicating. I can't go under a bridge or a tunnel without giving it a blast. You've turned me into an exhaust note junkie! :willy:

Edit: I also wanted to say my fuel economy increased by at least a couple of MPG.
And... Although I didn't get it dyno'ed, it certainly felt quicker.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
GXP RCD - Exhaust Kit - Solo Performance

Perfect sound !!! Any thoughts on using the new muffler housing on 'MACH 2' system for those of us that prefer the original outlet locations and want a SOLO system, but find the original MACH system too quiet ? I believe from reading the posts the past few months that there are a lot of us out here ... :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Absolutely beautiful exhaust!!!! A bit too quiet for me though.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much Maika'i. It's so nice to hear you're still enjoying your system. It's been 2 months or so since we installed it. Many times with performance exhaust the novelty wears off after the first few weeks and then it's not as much fun. Part of the reason choice is so important to us is so that the enjoyment can last because the system is well suited to your taste. Thanks for the kind words! Lee we should get some video's and pics from Nashville up on our "install" thread sometime tomorrow. The smoke shows look great. Thank you all for the support.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks , Jeff !!!

Jeff , all that I can say is that I am racking up the miles on the RCD system , and bumping into the rev limiter more than ever before. As we were saying on 5 July when we R & D 'd it on " Kate " , it is just about the perfect sound level. You can make it purr along if you want . I've done that , and then accelerated away from someone beside me only to have them catch me ( I let them ) at the next light and they ask me what's under the hood. When you stand on it , it's another case entirely - definitely loud enough for all but the race track crowd. My mileage has increased , and now I can't wait for the Hahn/BSR tuner package. I'm proud that my " NAVY AIR ", Mean , "Kate ", named after the actress Kate Beckinsale, got her pictures on this forum. Well done , jeff !

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Jeff , all that I can say is that I am racking up the miles on the RCD system , and bumping into the rev limiter more than ever before. As we were saying on 5 July when we R & D 'd it on " Kate " , it is just about the perfect sound level. You can make it purr along if you want . I've done that , and then accelerated away from someone beside me only to have them catch me ( I let them ) at the next light and they ask me what's under the hood. When you stand on it , it's another case entirely - definitely loud enough for all but the race track crowd. My mileage has increased , and now I can't wait for the Hahn/BSR tuner package. I'm proud that my " NAVY AIR ", Mean , "Kate ", named after the actress Kate Beckinsale, got her pictures on this forum. Well done , jeff !
Hey Tailhooker!

Didn't we meet at Solo earlier this year?... you, Jeff and I went to lunch while they were finishing up your car? What is this... the third exhaust system now? First the straight pipes (too loud), then the resonators (I guess still too loud?), now the RCD?

Glad to hear you found the right tone. I agree with what you said. :agree: It's awesome.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes we did........

Maik'i :

Yes , the three of us went to lunch that day. And , you are correct , it's the third system on Kate , but in this case , the third one is definitely the charm . BTW , the resonator proved to be too restrictive at higher boost levels , so it had to go . As you might remember , I was quite adamant that version 1 was too loud , and that resonator was all that Jeff had on such short notice. Had he had another muffler like you got , I would have gone that route. That being said , I can't rave enough about this RCD system.
Glad to hear that you're getting your hood dent fixed. I remember that it happened the day that you came up to Buffalo the day after Easter Sunday. My right side icebank crunch has been fixed also. And thank YOU for testing the ECM tune waters - I look forward to your continued reports.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Maika'i :
Had he had another muffler like you got , I would have gone that route. That being said , I can't rave enough about this RCD system.
I'm pretty sure we have the same thing on our cars. I got one of his first production units. From the description and your pictures, it looks exactly the same.

You're gonna love the tune and love the sound even more. It's not louder, but it has more "depth" to it. Can't really explain it well. As much as you think it can't sound better... it does. :cool:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Pics of SOLO RCD on my GXP

Hello All,
I am proud to say that the install went very well...all that was needed were ramps and a space in my garage...lol. It took me about 2 hours since it was my first time removing the stock fascia and 2nd plastic panel underneath it. The stock fascia has a few plastic clips along the bottom that pull out and 2 are reused in each corner of Norm's valence. On each side on the stock fascia, there is a metal clip on one of the insert tabs. They need to be removed and then reused on Norm's fascia. The 2nd plastic piece underneath is held in by 4 bolts and is really easy to remove. You might have to shave a bit off of a few tabs on Norm's piece to get it in there snug. Also, when attaching the 3" band clamp, make sure that the side with the nut and bolts is not facing downwards, as it may bottom out and damage the system if you run over a pothole or ditch by accident.

Now for the piece of art. The SOLO RCD has fantastic welds and its of top construction and workmanship. In the end, it sat perfectly and looks as though it is part of the fascia...that's how perfect it fit. Some advice on the install...after installing the Y-pipe and rear section loosely, push upwards on the collector near the Y and tighten as it is being pushed or held upwards...this helps to align the tips and prevent them from touching the fascia. The tips on mine were about 1/4" - 1/2" away from the fascia and look perfect.

Below I will include the directions that Jeff sent me to install the kit. Again, his service was top notch and he said I could call at any time during the install for assistance. Here are the directions he sent me:

1) Take out o2 sensor with a 7/8 wrench or 22ml wrench.
2) Take nuts off front pipe. Two of them at 15ml.
3) Pull down on rear exhaust system. When the 4 rubber hangers stretch, squirt soapy water into the rubber where the hangers go. You could use WD40 or grease but that would not be to good for the rubbers. It starts to deteriorate them. Using a fair size channel lock pliers, squeeze the backside of the rubber and the hanger rod. This will push the hanger knob into the rubber. Start all 4 like this. Then using a long screw driver or pry-bar take off the two front hangers (the two closest to the engine). The two rear ones are still in and will support the system while prying. From here you can actually pull the system out of the rear two hangers or pry them out.
4) Reuse the stock gasket and studs if you can.
5) Bolt on the front pipe, making sure it's centered and square on the gasket.
6) Take appropriate floor pan bolt out and install Solo's extra front hanger.
7) Put O2 sensor back in. Make sure and twist the wire counterclockwise several times before screwing it in clockwise.
8) Use the 3" band clamp and a stand to support the y pipe section. Don't tighten the band clamp just snug it. There may be some small gaps between the sections. This is OK, the band clamps will seal any of these gaps when they are tightened. The y pipe is not reversible. When put on properly it points slightly upward.
9) Hang the rear muffler section. When hung properly you should just be able to get a finger in between the rear hanger that goes through the rubber and the rear valence.
10) Take care to center the tips and then tighten the 2 1/2" band clamps.
11) Tighten the 3" band clamp fully while making sure the tips are still centered.
12) Drive away and enjoy......

Here are the pictures of the kit installed on my car:

I just want to reiterate how AMAZING and SPOT ON the sound is!!! As Jeff told me himself over the telephone, if the MACH system sound level was a 2 and the Street Race system was an 8, this system is right in the middle at a 5. There is no droan and it never becomes unbearable or annoying. Radio?....what's a radio? LOL

Videos:

SOLO RCD- Highway
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/spiky3480/?action=view&current=22d5ea83.flv

SOLO RCD- Driving Around Town
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/spiky3480/?action=view&current=8795e985.flv

SOLO RCD- Idle and Rev
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/spiky3480/?action=view&current=f8345478.flv

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Wow, your car looks GREAT!!! :drool:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow, looking good:)
I hope that my rear valence goes on just as easy as yours sounded it did.
I am still waiting for valence.
Had my exhaust put on in Nashville. Great sound and really turns heads.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Oh my god! Ok, now I'm really jealous! I really really want one of these. Absolutely amazing looking! I hope the deep blue valence matches as nicely as the black one does for your car.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Spiky. Your car looks fantastic. We're so glad that the install went well. Good job doing it yourself. We'll put you to work at the next Nationals!! We'll have more of these kits shipped out mid next week. We wanted to get some feedback ( other than ours ) before we made too many. If you have some time soon a sound clip would be great. Thanks. Sorry for the delay Bye Bye the valence is almost there. Glad to hear your liking the system.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts