Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
hey is there any way you guys could make this center system with no muffler like the street race? i really want the car to be as loud as possible and if that was doable id definitly order one

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi Spiky. Your car looks fantastic. We're so glad that the install went well. Good job doing it yourself. We'll put you to work at the next Nationals!! We'll have more of these kits shipped out mid next week. We wanted to get some feedback ( other than ours ) before we made too many. If you have some time soon a sound clip would be great. Thanks. Sorry for the delay Bye Bye the valence is almost there. Glad to hear your liking the system.

Ohhhhhh, am so looking forward to it. Can't find diapers big enough to cover her bare butt:lol: Should be an eye full watching me climb under the car to attach.:lol:
Should be interesting. I bought it, hubby says I have to install it.
Maybe I should put some flip-flops on and take a picture to compete with Sol-Candy.:lol:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Ohhhhhh, am so looking forward to it. Can't find diapers big enough to cover her bare butt:lol: Should be an eye full watching me climb under the car to attach.:lol:
Should be interesting. I bought it, hubby says I have to install it.
Maybe I should put some flip-flops on and take a picture to compete with Sol-Candy.:lol:
Definitely take pictures of that!!! You're gonna love the system. It sounds as good as it looks.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Spiky thanks for the videos and sound clips. Your car sounds as good as it looks!! We appreciate the time you took to do this. Jag767 we could do the GXP-RCD with no muffler. That would probably be a tiny bit louder than the Street Race but very similar. The cost would be $799 including the rear painted valence. OH NO ANOTHER KIT!! If your looking for sound this is a great idea. Jag please give me a call or a PM if you're interested there is a few things I'd like to run by you. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Hi Spiky thanks for the videos and sound clips. Your car sounds as good as it looks!! We appreciate the time you took to do this. Jag767 we could do the GXP-RCD with no muffler. That would probably be a tiny bit louder than the Street Race but very similar. The cost would be $799 including the rear painted valence. OH NO ANOTHER KIT!! If your looking for sound this is a great idea. Jag please give me a call or a PM if you're interested there is a few things I'd like to run by you. Thanks.
No problem Jeff. I will always take the time to help out a vendor who takes the time to work with its customers extensively. It really shows that you care just as much about your product as you do with us being happy with it. I have gone through many exhausts with you looking for the perfect sound and look for my taste. You and I are both the same being picky and wanting it perfect. The RCD system is perfect for me and you have been nothing but supportive.

If anyone has any questions about the MACH, STREET RACE, or RCD setup...don't hesitate to ask as I have had all of them on my car and can tell you about each.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i ordered the rcd with no muffler today, cannot wait to get it:yesnod: once its here ill be sure ot put up sound clips and pics for everyone.... hopefully wont be too long:party:

·
Registered
548 Posts
How long does it take to receive once ordered? I live in Calgary, so I suspect the shipping times won't be that bad as it doesn't have to cross the border.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
How long does it take to receive once ordered? I live in Calgary, so I suspect the shipping times won't be that bad as it doesn't have to cross the border.
I'll be honest when I say that I had mine in 2 days and i live in NY.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ordered today

Well, I ordered my GXP RCD today with a deep blue rear valence! It's going to be awesome! I'm looking forward to getting it installed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
so heres a few sound clips of the rcd for the gxp with NO MUFFLER. i didnt bother to take any pictures becuase it looks the same as spiky's just with no little silver box behind the tips. the first video is cold start idle, warmed up idle, and revs. the second is just so spirited driving, and the third is ripping through a couple of gears. notice the chirp between 2nd and 3rd, which i couldnt do before i put the exhaust on. im going to post up a couple more later with a powershift run, and a downshift punching through the gears later.

on a personal note this kit sounds/looks amazing and was well worth every penny. i was afraid it was goin to be too uncontrolled sounding but it really is just where i want it.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi Jag. Thanks so much for the sound clips. You have the one and only GXP-RCD with no muffler. How did it fit? Does it sound exactly like the Street Race or a bit louder? The clips sound about the same as the Street Race. The first sound clip captures how the blatty sound levels out and mellows after a minute or so. Thanks Norm for getting the valence out so quickly!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Jag. Thanks so much for the sound clips. You have the one and only GXP-RCD with no muffler. How did it fit? Does it sound exactly like the Street Race or a bit louder? The clips sound about the same as the Street Race. The first sound clip captures how the blatty sound levels out and mellows after a minute or so. Thanks Norm for getting the valence out so quickly!
well its definitly a bit louder than the street race, but yes it fit perfect! thanks Jeff and Norm for getting eveything to me so quickly i love the sound and look.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Jeff, If someone were to wander up your way, what would installation cost?

I am going to be in Wisconsin for the Dells Run at the end of September, and a detour to your shop might not be "too far" out of my way on my return to Jersey.

·
Vendor
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hi Dengel. If you can come to our store you save in two ways. Free installation, and no shipping charges. We have the GXP-RCD kits in stock but it takes about 14-20 days for Norm to paint and deliver the valence. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds even better now!

Hey Jeff:

My RCD has moved to an even BETTER sound level . It must be that the muffler has broken in and gotten more mellow.
The growl is deeper , and when you stand on it it positively roars ! For anyone considering an aftermarket exhaust with a distinctively gorgeous dual center outlet to boot , this is the system to have! ( No.......Jeff did NOT pay me to say this ) !

·
Registered
548 Posts
Anyone know how long a dealer should probably take to install my new GXP RCD exhaust? I have an appointment tomorrow with my Pontiac dealer who said it would probably take a couple of hours (at $125/hr). Seems a bit steep to me. I would think they could do it in no more than 1 hour.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Anyone know how long a dealer should probably take to install my new GXP RCD exhaust? I have an appointment tomorrow with my Pontiac dealer who said it would probably take a couple of hours (at $125/hr). Seems a bit steep to me. I would think they could do it in no more than 1 hour.
If you check out post #14 of this thread, it took spiky, a do-it-yourselfer, about 2 hours to do it at home in his garage. I would think a dealership service center, with their additional equipment and personnel who work on cars day in and day out, should be able to get it done in an hour.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
If you check out post #14 of this thread, it took spiky, a do-it-yourselfer, about 2 hours to do it at home in his garage. I would think a dealership service center, with their additional equipment and personnel who work on cars day in and day out, should be able to get it done in an hour.
Exactly right...it took me about 2 hours. Also, forum member pontiactech did it himself this weekend in his garage. You might as well save the money and do it yourself.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Swapping the exhaust doesnt take that long, i'd say 30 minutes max on a lift. But since you have to install the rear bumper cover they'll probably charge you up the wazoo and take their sweet time.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts