Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been taking my 2007 GXP to a local GMC dealer for service, but since it is well out of warranty, wondering if I should use a specialty shop. If so any suggestions?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I should rephrase my question: besides a specialty tuner, does anyone here take their GXP to a GMC dealer for service? If not, where?

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Here in the bay area certain dealerships advertise that they service pontiac/saturns.
And there are other dealers that are popular with car groups that also use the lnf.

I took my sol to a highly rated Chevy dealership and it went pretty smooth.
Any dealers fit that bill down there ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My strategy so far has been to look for places with service managers named Art. :lol:

I highly recommend GM Exclusive in Vista CA. They haven't seen my Solstice yet, but will now that it's not under warranty. Art has done excellent work on my Rendezvous, Alero, Sunfire over the years as well as many other vehicles for extended family members. They do quality work, charges match the estimates, work is almost always done when they say it will be done. And most importantly, they have never scratched, abused or broken other things - unlike the typical dealer experience. Art is the owner, is there every day and is gives good advice. (- I think they do warranty work as well, it was just more convenient to have the Solstice serviced closer to work.)

All warranty work on my Solstice was done at Richardson GMC (formerly Greiners) in Poway CA. They have replaced a turbo and performed major tranny repair in addition to the miscellaneous stuff. Always good work and Art is great to deal with. (the other service manager is good also)

I'm not easy to please and don't generally walk away from dealerships happy.
These two places have been the exceptions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your suggestions, Jeff and Crisis! I have used Golden Wrench in Vista for my Ford pickup, and they are excellent, but will give GMexclusive a try for the GXP.

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
It would be nice if GM provided access to their data base so we could identfy dealerships that had a lot of experience with our cars. We have been using the same tech for 6 years so he is very well trained on the platform. He also does an excellent job supporting us.

In the beginning, he had no knowledge of the cars but over time he has learned a great deal. He is now clearly and expert.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts