Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm having to repaint the front bumper, hood, 1/4 panels, rear deck lid and rear bumper I was thinking of adding stripes like the SCCA T2 but rather than do them in gray use the Carbon Flash I'm using for the front spoiler. Are there layout patterns for the strips? Or are they stick on vinyl appliques? Has anyone had any luck scuffing up the front grills and fog light surrounds and putting a coat of paint on them that will stay? Would like to paint all the black accents Carbon Flash.

Issue 2 I've noticed that the outside edges of the head lamps have many deep scratches around the edges. If I have to replace them do you know anyone that can rework the housings with a different lighting selection.

Randy

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,219 Posts
As I'm having to repaint the front bumper, hood, 1/4 panels, rear deck lid and rear bumper I was thinking of adding stripes like the SCCA T2 but rather than do them in gray use the Carbon Flash I'm using for the front spoiler. Are there layout patterns for the strips? Or are they stick on vinyl appliques? Has anyone had any luck scuffing up the front grills and fog light surrounds and putting a coat of paint on them that will stay? Would like to paint all the black accents Carbon Flash.

Issue 2 I've noticed that the outside edges of the head lamps have many deep scratches around the edges. If I have to replace them do you know anyone that can rework the housings with a different lighting selection.

Randy
FWIW, the T2 stripes were vinyl.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that's what I was finally able to come up with but the rear panels aren't available and it doesn't say if the bumper cover panels are included.

Randy

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New issue. My OnStar system started acting up and not responding correctly to voice commands. Spent over an hour with OnStar and going through all sorts of tests. They finally said take to the dealer and have them contact GM OnStar Tech support. Got to dealer and we when through the same issues as what I had done with OnStar and they said contact OnStar. Finally OnStar said the the voice unit might be bad and needs to be replaced. Took 6 days to get the unit and we installed it. Tried to use it as it tested properly at the dealer but once I left I couldn't connect to OnStar or make any calls. Had to take car back and leave it at dealer. They couldn't determine what was wrong. The next day I was on the phone to OnStar again and they said they could locate the car and everything should be working. Talked to 5 different people at OnStar and couldn't correct the problem. Then it was back to GM tech support. After talking with 5 different techs finally found someone who asked the following Question: "Have you changed the default phone number in the new unit to the original number assigned to the car?" Nowhere in the install sheets or on GM or OnStars lists did it say anything about the phone number have to be reactivated. Dealer when through steps sent by GM to input the old phone number into the new unit but it wouldn't allow it. Contacted OnStar and asked for assistance. After about an hour of trying it was determined that during the time of the new unit install and the 2 days attempting to get things working my old phone number had be assigned to a new vehicle. So they had to go in and change my account to a totally new number as even the temporary number assigned to the unit had been assigned to another vehicle. No where was any of this written in either GM documents or in OnStar's database.

So if any of you have issues I hope this helps. If you have to replace your OnStar unit contact them before removing the unit and have them put a hold on the original phone number for the car.

Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts