Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently having issues with my turbo not sure if its leaking or just burning oil. anyone else having these issues or something similar? PLEASE HELP

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Welcome to the forums...Sounds like you're lowing oil but you arent sure if it's leaking, have you looked under the car to see if theres any oil drippings? I recommend crawling under and checking everywhere for leaks, pop the hood and check everything there too. How many miles are on your car? Any mods?

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Pull the intercooler(IC) tubing from your turbo to your IC. Look for any pooling or liquid oil in that tube. You will have a residue, but there should be no streaking or pooling in the tube. If there is, your turbo is leaking oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems to spray all over my engine bay when im spooling and its right around the v band clamp. otherwise if im not boosting im not leaking or spraying. is this a thing with the gxp? i just wanna know if its as simple as a gasket or if i need a whole new turbo setup.

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
No they do not do that, you probably need either to rebuild it or get a new turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts