Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 stock GXP. Before I bought my car I test drove an 07 GXP with the GM tuning. There was a huge difference between the two cars, so now I am eager to re-tune my 08. I have been researching all the various tunes, Westers, GMPP, Trifecta, and Werks. From reading past posts a lot of people seem to favour the Trifecta tune. My question has to do with the 3 bar sensors you get with the GM or Werks tunes. If those tunes need these sensors why not the Trifecta or Westers? At this point in time I am leaning towards the Werks tune because you not only get the sensors but a bit of hardware as well, not that I know what to do with this stuff, but I guess I will learn.

Thanks, Don from Nanaimo

·
Registered
299 Posts
There are a couple threads on here about that. I believe it had to do with spare headroom built into the stock sensors for testing. When boosting up to something like the trifecta you won't have that, but don't really need it either. The other theory is that they just wanted you to have something physical in your hands for the amount of money you're spending.....

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It was to accurately read, with adequate OEM spec headroom, higher boost levels.

You can get the trifecta tune for or not for the 3 bar sensors last I read. Vince's tune works amazing either way. His programming ability (he's gone further into the OEM code than HP tuners) showed that the stock sensors weren't a limit for the stock turbo tune. You can always email Vince with any questions and he usually responds back quick. The nice thing about trifecta is that you can do the data log option and get a true custom tune for your car/location.

GL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts