Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any numbers on what this could be. Been seeing rumors of 3k-3.5k. Also does anyone have the turbo pics that used to be out on one of these threads? Looks like they got pulled down...

Thanks much

·
5,600 Posts
I'm hoping your right, which would keep the price of a loaded GXP way, way under $30,000. My big fear is that it will be loaded-priced at $29,995. Cheaper than an S2000, but not enough to make a significant difference. I mean, you're taking Solstice + a set of tires = S2000. Then again, a free set of tires is a free set of tires.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is around 29k I will be looking else where... 25k is more what I am hoping for. But my ride will not be loaded. Looking at 22k for the solstice that I want plus 3 to 3.5k for the turbo.

jimbo said:
I'm hoping your right, which would keep the price of a loaded GXP way, way under $30,000. My big fear is that it will be loaded-priced at $29,995. Cheaper than an S2000, but not enough to make a significant difference. I mean, you're taking Solstice + a set of tires = S2000. Then again, a free set of tires is a free set of tires.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Based on GM's pricing scheme for models like the Cobalt SS and the Ion Redline, I'd expect $3,000 or $4,000 for a Solstice turbo/6-speed package to be in the ballpark.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
[Pure Speculation]
Base price around $23-24k. I would expect $29 loaded with all options (current car is around $25000 loaded plus 3-4k added for turbo). Just a guess.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just a guess, but I would say a few grand moe. $3K to $4K. Maybe a couple extra standard features in that price, but still basically an options free roadster to keep pricing reasonable. Then the same usual suspects in options. Nothing too fancy, since the Sol is still supposed to be a "back to basics" roadster. Options won't top $30K.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Temple said:
Does anyone have those turbo pics that were posted a ways back?
They weren't posted here. They were property of another forum and linking to them was only permitted. It was either cheer and gear of gm inside news.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The pictures were on Cheers and Gears. However, the link we had on this forum to the thread they had with those pictures is no longer working. You could try searching their site.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did and searched the web also. Nothing...they have all been pulled. Does anyone have there own copy they could email me? I have seen them but would like to look again.

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
It dind't get pulled, C&G recently experience a catastophic server failure I believe. If you notice their forums are now running a totally different version. They had some info on the front page a while back about starting over content wise.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have the power ratings changed at all? I was speaking with one of the drivers and he said the turbo will be pumping out around 270hp. This was also confirmed by another employee but I'm still a bit skeptical.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Audio Imagez said:
Have the power ratings changed at all? I was speaking with one of the drivers and he said the turbo will be pumping out around 270hp. This was also confirmed by another employee but I'm still a bit skeptical.
Rumors generally have placed the power aroudn 250, but there have been different variations. Nothing official from GM either, so whether it is 250, 260, 270, etc is yet to be determined. Also, they will do the SAE Certified testing on it, which will give a fairly exact figure like the 177 base car. So it could be 253, 278, etc.

But 270 is sounding ok with me. :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
Here is a pic from the GM Ad that could be the new front end for the GXP.

I don't think I would like the looks of that. Too much of a smiley face look.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts