Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture or illustration of the insideof the small grills that cover the front turn signal? I have to remove one of mine and they are not that flexible. I want to know where the tabs (on the grill) are located so I can work it out without breaking the slots in my bumper where the grills attach. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
You won't break them. Stick your fingers in the holes in the honeycomb and pull.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
After 2 screws, service manual says- Move the inside of the grille outward in order to release the inner locking tab from the front bumper fascia.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Two screws? You are taking about a GXP aren't ya?

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I've had mine off several times. There are no screws in them. Just grab on and pull toward outside of car. They snap back in.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. GXP with no screws. Thanks, guys. I always get the information that I need on this super site.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I think the screws are on the main front grilles, not the turn signal side grilles...:confused:

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I think the screws are on the main front grilles, not the turn signal side grilles...:confused:
No there aren't any screws on the main grills either. There are two screws however on the signal light housings that have to be removed to change the bulbs after the grills are removed.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
No there aren't any screws on the main grills either. There are two screws however on the signal light housings that have to be removed to change the bulbs after the grills are removed.
Ahhh...maybe that's what I was thinking about...thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
The radiator grills have metal clips that should be pulled prior to removing the grills. I pulled them the first time I removed the grills but have not used them in 4 years. There are small slots that are subject to damage if you pull too energetically on the radiator grills. I damaged several of them but my painter repaired them and all is fine. I can remove the grills to clean them now.:thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts