Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I have read the article regarding the Solstice coming from the Nomad line. If you look at the car with the top up, the historic Nomad line is there. But I also fine it hard to believe the Sky does not show the line. Never parked them side by side to look at that, may try to do that this afternoon. Taking the Solstice to have the front bumper color sanded and polished. I think it has been a little over 18 months since painted. DUH!

I like both of them, really do not care how fast they go. I do know that my Solstice is considerably faster than either of my Sky's. lol

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I know that the rear deck of the Sky is lower over the rear wheelhouses, because I have an EDAG top that I test-fit to my Sky, and a filler is required to get it to work. Whether the fronts are similar or that area is critical to frontal area I do not know, but it could be.
Flash's Owner (our GM engineer) said

In practice, a top speed for an Opel GT or Solstice GXP 'vert with wing is about 143 MPH. I have seen top speeds of about 147-148 MPH for a Solstice GXP Coupe in comparable conditions.
In other words the convertibles have the same top speed whether Solstice or Sky/Opel. He was working with actual GM generated experimental data, so I'm content to take his word for it.

He was at the 2010 NASSM meet - his name is Steve Padilla. Hasn't posted in awhile but I seem to recall that someone said they had some interesting conversations with him at that meet and perhaps got a few more tidbits of tech info out of him. If anyone reading this was there, maybe you'd like to comment.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
......... I think the production #'s would be low of non A/C GXP cars. Maybe RedOne07 will know.
I don't have much time this morning, but did a quick check.

Below the Compnine numbers I filtered out.

Model Year 2007 8841 (8841, diff = 000) GXP, 8723 with RPO code for A/C
Model Year 2008 6125 (6779, diff = 654) GXP, 6059 with RPO code for A/C
Model Year 2008 2067 (2271, diff = 204) GXP, 2044 with RPO code for A/C

Between brackets the numbers according to my VIN list. It is very likely these 654 + 204 individual cars are correctly listed at Compnine (did a check and first VIN was already a hit). It is a fact many cars do not show up in the rarity & totals database because Compnine does not know what model they are.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts