Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title states, I can't properly install my HID kit into my 2007 Sol. I purchased a DDM tuning 35w ballast in 2012 and it's still good, a relay harness, and two 5000k H13 Hi/Lo bulbs off ebay. The stock wiring harness has three pins, yet the wiring harness for the relay only has two. I am confused on how to install this kit. It was so much more straight forward on my old Grand Cherokee, and with the connectors from my bulbs being larger than the female adapter sockets on the stock harness I can't get the bulb to hook up to that. If anyone has been in my shoes I would appreciate the help.

**Also, don't preach to me on how HID's are so dangerous and blah blah. I've used them in three prior vehicles, never been flashed, and every other guy and his mom has a set here in NC. If I could afford a $450 morimoto projector retrofit I would certainly do it, but money doesn't rain from the sky when you're in college. Thank you :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Your wiring harness relay was made for only a single lighting circuit...not a dual/bi-xenon.

You need one of these:
Bi-xenon: 'MotoControl 9008/H13 - Relay Harnesses from The Retrofit Source Inc

THAT being said.....I'm not going to be the one to tell you that HID PnPs are bad and that makes you a bad person.....because I'm even tired of seeing it.
BUUUUUUT, i will tell you 'Good Luck' with your DDM ballasts and eBay bulbs.
Next time, just buy a quality, vehicle specific kit and you're worries will not exist :)

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
If there is anyone on the forum that knows lighting systems it's cartmann I would definitely follow his advice .

·
Registered
143 Posts
to hard to tell you over the net. and there is not really a wiring diag I can give you for after market head lights. best to bring to a car stereo install shop. they have experience installing head lights. ask them

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
If there is anyone on the forum that knows lighting systems it's cartmann I would definitely follow his advice .
:agree:

If cartmann tells you that you need something headlight related you more than likely need it. He did a custom projector retrofit for me and answered tons of questions I had. He's very knowledgeable in this area. And by the way, the products he used and the workmanship where top notch. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
My ddm bids are 2 years old and working fine.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
:agree:

If cartmann tells you that you need something headlight related you more than likely need it. He did a custom projector retrofit for me and answered tons of questions I had. He's very knowledgeable in this area. And by the way, the products he used and the workmanship where top notch. :thumbs:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the information guys, and mucho gracias to cartmann32. I had no idea and honestly thought that all relays were the same. Tinted my fogs, windows and painted my grill this week, this mod will hopefully come into fruition soon. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts