Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...as the title says, I've had it with the bubbles in my door trim. I need to know if anyone out there knows if I can get "leather" portion off of the trim panel. I want to reupholster it all by my lonesome (never done this before, so hope it turns out....GULP!)! The second item after that is I need to know where to find nice smooth leather ( I would assume faux leather or vinyl) in the burgundy color to match the stitching in my seats. I guess if I had to I'd settle for suede.... Once I've managed to do the 2 door panels, I may tackle the center console! So any help on these 2 items would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I too had one door panel effected by this issue which was the passenger side. I just had it replaced with a new door panel on Friday and will hope for the best. Mine had three different size bubbles.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Agree with Rob. :agree:

The inner panel is heat-welded on, so you'd have to break all the welds to remove it, then glue it back on somehow when you're done with the recover. Good to get some tips from those who are experienced.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the solid charcoal. I would like those.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DOH!!! :brentil:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Um guys? There's this company called UPS? Seems for a nominal fee you could get solnut's stuff to the ghost? (Or am I missing something?)

Like Soup said, those suckers are welded together. Sounds like Soup and Rob's recommendation of a consultation is a darn good idead at JPM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts