Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to say I had to cancel my order today for my baby. Pontiac just created way to much hype for a summer delivery and then couldnt deliver. Its nice they are trying to make sure the car is right but theyve had months and months to do that.

Sadly I have an august car deadline for various reasons and it became obvious Pontiac couldnt meet that deadline.

If you guys dont mind though, id like to stick around help where I can and stay informed. The solstice defintly isnt out of the picture more like a little delay. I guess im in the market for a FI Solstice in 2 years now lol

Good luck everyone with your cars. The summer wont be the same now that im not dying to get my solstice.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Billabongi said:
If you guys dont mind though, id like to stick around help where I can and stay informed.
Sure, no problem. All are welcome here (we even allow RODEO to hang around and he has 2 Miatas :lol: )

Good luck, don't buy anything too long term to keep options open for future Sol.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to hear that billabongi, Im going to have to wait a while for mine as well, but still solid on getting it, hopefully we'll see you out there sometime!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Good Luck ,
Will miss not seeing you in your Solstice. But maybe I will get yours.
Have a wonderful life. Keep in touch with the Forum.
Take a long Walk.And Reflect on your next move.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In under 2 minutes my spot was resold to a person on a waiting list at my local dealer. I made someones day!

Ill be around, I waited far to long just to get up and run. Just college and the inability of not being able to drive 30 miles to and from college everday without a car was impossible. Ah well ill be back with a vengence in a year or 2 looking for a FI

My option now is a Toyota X Runner. Same suspension Lateral G rating and a little quicker. Hey im sure itll hold me over

Thanks for the support fellas, its defintly sad to see my baby get delayed

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sorry it isn't working out for you, but definately still hang around! :thumbs: No problem. You can join myself (and others) who are waiting for that F/I Solstice! :)

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
Take care, to bad you could not resolve your dilema, but who knows maybe it will work out for you in the future.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Karen1506 said:
Did you have a first 1000? I thought they had to go back to the National wait list...

uhhh, yeah... that sounds like something shady going on w/ your dealer. Did he actually "sell" your first 1,000 slot? What is supposed to happen, if we understand the rules correctly, is that your slot goes to the next person on the NATIONAL wait list, not the DEALER's wait list.

·
Registered
61 Posts
2KWK4U said:
uhhh, yeah... that sounds like something shady going on w/ your dealer. Did he actually "sell" your first 1,000 slot? What is supposed to happen, if we understand the rules correctly, is that your slot goes to the next person on the NATIONAL wait list, not the DEALER's wait list.
He is a first 1000 member to this forum. Doesn't mean that he has a first 1000 car neccassarily.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i doubt anyone will see regular allocation cars until september/october. good luck with your new ride (what is an 'x runner' anyway?) and don't worry about missing the first bunch of solstices... they'll build more when you are ready. wait long enough and you can even have yours with FI.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Billabongi said:
Sadly I have an august car deadline for various reasons and it became obvious Pontiac couldnt meet that deadline.
But if the regular allocation cars start hitting the streets in august you'll certainly be kicking yourself. I'm sure that won't happen, but if it did, that would be really horrible luck.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Billabongi said:
It was a regular allocation car
OK, that clears it up. Couldn't remember if you were EOP or not. Sorry to hear the news, man. I had a deadline, too, since I'm moving cross-country. I decided to suck it up and pay the extra fees to have mine drop-shipped in California. I'll just buy a used heap once I get out there to get me by until my Sol arrives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts