Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hail damage ,yesterday around 4 pm we got hit with 1 1/2" hail,mys mysterious Black baby is pocked all over it.What is the best repair,seems like too many for the ding doctor.I am sure it has happened to allot of other people here so just trying to get an idea as how to repair it before I have to go to the insurance auditor to see what they want to do about it.:cuss::cryin:

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
paintless dent repair can fix a lot of damage. If its as bad as the size of the hail would suggest, it may be time for new hood and trunk panels.

Comprehensive should cover it for you.

But . . . if the hail damaged all the panels enough to require replacing them, you may be in trouble with total cost of repair. The quarters are glued onto the car and while its possible to replace them, its labor intensive.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Too late for you now, however when reports of hail were being predicted we quickly placed blankets and a car cover on one of our DD (thankfully the Kappa's are in the garage) and investing some type of hail cover. I agree w/letting insurance deal w/it, and those that live in hail environment investing in hail protection car covers.

Searching turned up 3 different styles.

Retail locator: http://www.rei.com/icebreaker
Seems the easiest.

2.Hail Protector Hail Damage Protection System | A Complete Solution for Preventing Property Hail Damage!

3.HailBlankets - The Ultimate Car Cover

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do understand,my brother lives in Texas and he tells me that is what is done there,tarps and blankets.In all the time I have lived in my area of NY when we get any hail it is usually small enough where there is no damage.I have never had hail damage ever,not to mention even though the weather station predicts hail it is pretty rare we even get it ,usually spotty in different areas.Thanks ,I will see if the Insurance co will replace the decks but seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
PDR through your insurance. My brothers black silverado got drilled bad. 1"hail going down the highway until he found a bridge. Looked like a ball peen hammer went nuts on his truck. 1 day with the PDR guy and you couldn't tell it had been in a hail storm.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to see what the Insurance Co. wants to do first,they of course want me to let them do the repairs.Not a big fan of monolopys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts