Toyo Proxies T1 sports

vs the Hankook Ventus V12's

any thoughts on ether tire
thanks
:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had a set of ventus v12 evo's installed just this past May on my base Sol. 200% better than the crap Goodyear RSAs. Night and day difference.

I would also like to note the tread wear. After the tires were installed I was told the v12s have a tread life of 30,000 miles. I store my Sol 4 months out of the year and the closest I get to "tracking" the car is spirited driving around town. My bet is they will last longer than that.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hey Greg .... put the Hankook V12's on last summer with the 19" rims from Gerry...love em ... got mine through Discount Tire on line ... saved about $500on the quote from a couple of local shops, including shipping and replacement certificates .... got em in about 2days UPS door to door. Paid about $100 for install and balancing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had a set of staggered ventus v12 evos on my mustang. I got 2 seasons out of them before the rear tread was non-existent and the fronts were barely legal. excellent traction and handling but I just didn't get the life I expected out of them.

a buddy of mine who works at a tire shop said hankooks reputation mimics exactly my experience.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well apparently Hankook isn't making those tires in my size (rear)
(245/45ZR18 for the front and a set of 275/40ZR18 for the back.)

they are recommending the toyo or another one ive not heard of called Falken 453

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd request you ask the tire seller to include the MFG date on your invoice, , just to let you know they haven't been sitting for years in a warehouse. The date is on the sidewall of each tire, after the DOT code, last four #s are month & year.
I recieved mine from discounttiresdirect.com two months after they were made.
I'm in Florida and wanted Wet Weather Tires.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dunlop Direzza Star Spec is also an awesome tire :)
I have the Star Specs and so does pretty much everyone in my buddy's S2000 club.

They are an incredible grippy tire, pretty much the best out there but expect to replace them often. I got mine just to use when I spend a week at the Dragon and I have to replace them after 3 trips. I figure it's been a grand total of 8000 miles. And at $230 a tire(not installed), they're pretty expensive.

They are also discontinued (although TireRack.com still has them in stock), the new Dunlop tire is the ZII but they don't appear to be available in 245/45.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I suggest CONTINENTAL, because they have deepest tread - meaning less rolling resistance. You have to do some research on tires if you don't, you won't be Happy!

Discount Tires Direct mailed my tires, also gave me peace of mind with the "Born on Date" , so I knew they weren't sitting/ageing in some dealer warehouse.

mmmmm....smell the rubber!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.