Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Solstice to everybody out there. You don't see or hear much about the day as far as any celebrations, but it seems like Chipotle is recognizing it with a buy-one-get-one-free deal. So if of you guys like burritos, you can go celebrate there. Maybe wear your Solstice hats and shirts or something. Oh well ... just thought I'd mention it since you rarely see any mention of it. Does anybody else know of any special things going on out there for the summer solstice?

http://www.chipotle.com/email/05-090/soulstice.htm

For those who don't know about Chipotle, they're kind of a niche restaurant that mostly sells burritos. They've been popping up in a lot of places lately ... check their website if you want to find one.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hooray! make Joe dance! :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Happy Solstice! Could be happier if you know what I mean. Today, GM is supposed to have a big Solstice promotion (long scheduled). Lets see if they pull something off!

·
5,641 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Happy Solstice Day!!!

Hopefully we'll get to see some nice stuff today from Pontiac.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It just so happens that I will be celebrating my birthday today. I wish there was a chipoltle in my home town, they have great burritos, although there salasa is really salty.

HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE BIRTHDAY! (to me)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Solstice available this summer?

Pontiac has updated their website in honor of the summer solstice, and they feature the three new models, Solstice being one of them. If you click on it, it says "available summer 2005"- hmmmmmmm..................wonder where it's REALLY available this summer?????????? I think Pontiac should extend the employee discount for folks who have already ordered a Solstice, they need to throw us a bone for being patient............................... :yesnod: ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The ad does say the solstice is available summer 2005...this is a good sign, right?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
novagrl82 said:
The ad does say the solstice is available summer 2005...this is a good sign, right?

They key word is "available", which means you can order it now but won't see it until January 2007! :lol:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
novagrl82 said:
I think it just means thier webmaster is clueless and didn't get the memo. When is summer officially over? I can never remember those sort of abstract dates. Maybe summer continues into October in Detroit?!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
All they need to do is deliver 1 Solstice before September 22 and it's officially available in summer of 2005 :lol:

·
5,641 Posts
AeroDave said:
When is summer officially over? I can never remember those sort of abstract dates. Maybe summer continues into October in Detroit?!! :lol:

No where does it mention which Hemisphere this "summer" occurs in. :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
I wonder who won the Maxim Solstice contest. Guess it wasn't us.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mceb said:
All they need to do is deliver 1 Solstice before September 22 and it's officially available in summer of 2005 :lol:
Yep ... that's not much ahead of their conservative October deadline, which I was specifically told was when the last of the "First 1000" group would be out. So even if they stay on their worst-case scenario, there should be close to 1000 of the cars out by the end of the summer.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Is it possible to get delivery in Rio De Janeiro? But I'm wondering if they can guarantee delivery in time for Mardi Gras. :cool: :yesnod: :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I a Galaxy Far Far Away

Small Dealer said:
Another Place and Time. I don't believe I will see Mine until December or January. That Honda is starting to Look Good!! :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts