Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Winter Solstice around here. Still a Solstice!
Fortunately it is a dry, sunny, clear skies beautiful winter day. But, no photo right now because I have flu symptoms since yesterday evening 😩

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Taken this morning on my breakfast stop
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

2021 Kappa Cross
Tire Wheel Car Plant Vehicle

And finally the "Street Edition" Coupe with the Yankee Air Museum's 1928 Ford
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Tri-Motor

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ok true story, a few years back my wife and I went for a top down drive in the Solstice on the summer solstice evening. First red light we pull up beside a guy in a Solstice who is also top down. I looked at him and asked “do you know what day it is?” thinking any Solstice owner would know it’s the summer solstice. He looked at me like I was crazy said “Tuesday “ the light turned green and he drove away shaking his head. I wonder if he ever figured it out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is it, the day that our cars are named after: S O L S T I C E.

Celebrate by posting a favorite pic of your Solstice!

Also, driving around nakkid with flowers is your hair is highly encouraged for maximum enjoyment!

View attachment 121649

Got a pic of your hood? Been thinking about a stripe like yours but in liquid copper. Torn between a single super stripe with pins starting on the hood and finishing on the trunk lid, or a double rally stripe from nose to tail.

Oh, I guess I should participate in the actual thread. Only a couple of pics because my car is relatively new.

·
Registered
2006 red 2.4 5sp, very low km
13 Posts
Not my favourite shot.
Being a fellow canadian, from just outside edmonton, I can relate to the snowy image. Thankfully, living a condo now, in the winter my red 06 solstice is under its blanket in the parkade. Loving now that summer is here and planning some seat time . I am a first year owner of the solstice, graduating from my beloved 1991 miata, which I enjoyed so much. I do appreciate the difference in the 2 cars and my solstice is a car I love. This forum is so helpful, coming from such a simple roadster, to a somewhat more complex one. The sol and the miata are the same but different. Same in they both make me smile, different in the sol has good heft to it with way bigger rubber and a way more pleasing aesthetic, more power and an option list that exceeds my radio only option on the miata. Thanks for your snow covered pic, it made me smile.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a pic of your hood?
My stripe is a replica of the Street Edition stripe that you can buy on Ebay in different colors. It's also known as the Heritage Edition stripe that was going to be offered on 2010s. Street Edition Stripe Fits: 2006 - 2009 Pontiac Solstice Decal Graphic 3M | eBay

Way back forum member SolNut (RIP) was nice enough to take measurements of his SE stipe and emailed them to me. I had seen a roll of silver metallic vinyl pinstripe made by Trimbright at a local Auto Zone store and bought it. I emailed Trimbright and they agreed to sell me a piece of silver metallic vinyl large enough to replicate the SE stripe. I took it to a local vinyl sign shop and supplied them with the measurements that Solnut had sent to me and they cut it out and applied it to the coupe. I liked it so much that when we picked up a 2nd Solstice in black a few years later I took that to the same shop and the replicated another SE stripe in 3M Hot Rod red vinyl. Unfortunately, I can't find the measurements now, dammit.
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 20 of 41 Posts