Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Typically I prefer the looks of a coupe. Removing the sleek lines of the 2005 Mustang's roof leave behind a rather bland convertible body. But the Solstice roadster is so slinky tight looking, I really liked the way it looked at first sight and I am coming to like it more and more and more. Even the test mules have a low, aggressive, racy look to them.

I have got to go with the roadster over the coupe this time. The Solstice roadster really does it for me. Can't wait to drive one! :party

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd rather drive the roadster and look at the coupe. Maybe some diecast company will release a model of the coupe so I can do both of the above.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
So far there has been no official mention of the coupe. In fact, at one point Maximum Bob Lutz indicated they would only be doing the roadster for now.

There has been some rumors of a hardtop coupe for Pontiac with 2+2 seating based on the Kappa platform as a Sunfire replacement. Since them a number of people said that is not in the works, including some people who apparently have some contacts within the general. However, I have recently seen more rumors basically saying the same thing in mags and online, so maybe something is up.

Eventually, I think GM will use this platform for some sort of coupe for some division. I bet they have some new Kappa based concepts at the NAIAS in a couple weeks! Keep your eyes peeled, and definately tell GM if you see a concept you like. They make decisions to build concept partially based on public reaction! (even at autoshows, they have "spies" in the crowd around concepts to listen to peoples reactions).

·
Registered
535 Posts
While the coupe's overall lines are sexy, the rear quarter windows don't quite work for me, as well as the lines would likely change to accomodate some kind of rear opening. Hatch / trunk whatever.

This car was meant to be a roadster.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Love the coupe concept. Think they should build it. It would solve alot of problems for some folks, but I'm sticking with the rag top because I've never had a real roadster before and I think it's time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts