1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
As many others have said, I'm interested and have sent a PM. I have money to pay for it now, and have been looking for one to use at the track for track days.

This appears to be the LeMans style from Smoothline. At $800 this needs to be ready to install without issues... all parts need to be present because you can buy this new for $999, which includes the shipping.

Location would be great, because if you're close enough I'd drive to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I wasn't able to bring up the previous links. It is almost certainly a Smoothline LeMans. I have the Smoothline Club Racer, and love it. A high level of workmanship. If the attachment hardware isn't included, it is very expensive to buy from Smoothline.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
I wasn't able to bring up the previous links. It is almost certainly a Smoothline LeMans. I have the Smoothline Club Racer, and love it. A high level of workmanship. If the attachment hardware isn't included, it is very expensive to buy from Smoothline.
Agree... and hence my comments. I'd rather spend $1400 from Smoothline for everything, than $800 and have parts to obtain and work to be done. Seems OP hasn't provided a lot of details yet though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just looked.. his location says "Europe" :( sooo probably not worth it to ship it to the states.. at least not for me. GLWS

·
Registered
715 Posts
RedOne07 is in Europe but nothing from the OP's info says that. It looks to have the seals and pegs less the front latch. Where are you located ctrench? Not for me but just asking to have it out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol sorry, im in central florida. Im a miata man, doing an le5 swap, and I got this top included in my deal while buying my drivetrain cause I figured it would be worth it.

that being said, I was told it sealed good. but was never told it needed any other hardware. what else does it need?

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
lol sorry, im in central florida. Im a miata man, doing an le5 swap, and I got this top included in my deal while buying my drivetrain cause I figured it would be worth it.

that being said, I was told it sealed good. but was never told it needed any other hardware. what else does it need?
If the Smoothline Lemans hartop, and the Smoothline Club Racer hardtop are attached the same way, then there should be three J hooks with plastic turn stiles included with the hardtop.

The largest J hook is used too draw the front of the hardtop tight to the windshield header. The two small J hooks are used to hold the rear of the hardtop to the decklid. The hardtops also have weather stripping, two for the L&R window seals, and a third that goes under the bottom of the rear to seal and protect the decklid from being scratched.

There's also plastic rain guards on the L&R side, though the name is a misnomer, it more like thin plastic trim pieces to give the hardtop a more finished appearance.

I'm assuming Smoothline should be able to supply and J hooks or weather stripping if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
If you zoom in on the pics you will see prongs at the back that would go into the buttress holes. I have the Club Racer hard top and this is the Lemans. Mine attaches the way Choptop describes. My understanding is they no longer attach the tops through prongs in the back into the buttress holes. They did do it this way on earlier versions of the Club Racer. On the Lemans top I have no idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts