Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
My Sol is still AWOL somewhere in the lousy 2.5 hour drive from DE to north NJ :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
115 Posts
They shipped it Fed Ex

I love shipping fed ex and tracking packages. I order tires from tirerack in Louisiana and they go to Knoxville, TN before coming to Oklahoma! Maybe your car is on the same truck!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
garytucker said:
I love shipping fed ex and tracking packages. I order tires from tirerack in Louisiana and they go to Knoxville, TN before coming to Oklahoma! Maybe your car is on the same truck!
Actually, they go to Memphis Tennessee. Memphis is the Fed Ex hub, so no matter where a package is going it stands a very good chance of going there first.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Bonzo said:
Actually, they go to Memphis Tennessee. Memphis is the Fed Ex hub, so no matter where a package is going it stands a very good chance of going there first.
And that isn't bubble wrap it's packed with. It's little Dolly Partons. :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
well i received a call this morning and ther is supposedly some kinda of hold on the car now. I know where my car is its setting in a lot where car carriers park its only like 10 mins from the dealer but the drivers were told not to deliver them till they get the word from GM. So i dunno whats up now.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
JCRRPZ said:
well i received a call this morning and ther is supposedly some kinda of hold on the car now. I know where my car is its setting in a lot where car carriers park its only like 10 mins from the dealer but the drivers were told not to deliver them till they get the word from GM. So i dunno whats up now.
what in the sam hill could be the problem now? is this a PR thing to coordinate the deliveries? come on just drop 'em off and let us have 'em.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mceb said:
what in the sam hill could be the problem now? is this a PR thing to coordinate the deliveries? come on just drop 'em off and let us have 'em.
I'm getting discouraged, you first 1000 haven't gotten your car yet after so long, when am I going to get my zero zipper car? Christmas?

Waiting impatiently.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
deluke said:
I'm getting discouraged, you first 1000 haven't gotten your car yet after so long, when am I going to get my zero zipper car? Christmas?

Waiting impatiently.
I keep telling myself that the longer I wait the more I can put down on the car... That gets me by.

If it ends up being christmas then I'll basically have the thing payed off!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
DreamerDave said:
:agree: Me too. 'Cept the duct tape and bailing wire that's holding my present ride together keeps having to be repaired. :)
Maybe you'll win the "McGyver" award for the use of duct tape!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
PubliusE said:
The driver probably didn't know, "What EXIT!"
I used to live in Joisey. It seems whenever I would mention it, someone would say, "oh, you're from Joisey, I'm from Joisey", and I would tell them that expression is out. Current expression is "you're from Joisey, what exit?".

I thought about vanity plates that would salute that in:

what x it

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Joe Piscopo started that "What Exit?" joke:
"I'm from Jersey."
"Oh yeah? What exit?"

mceb, what exit? 145 or 159? :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
deluke said:
Did anybody get a call from their dealer today? If so give us any news.
No, but I called my dealer today and I'm happy with the news.

Because of the shortage of Leather ( I ordered cloth) my dealer's second vehicle got bumped and I am now a first allocation order. It is supposed to arrive by end of September here in Canada.

Still should get a sunny day or two before the rains start.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
CanSol said:
No, but I called my dealer today and I'm happy with the news.

Because of the shortage of Leather ( I ordered cloth) my dealer's second vehicle got bumped and I am now a first allocation order. It is supposed to arrive by end of September here in Canada.

Still should get a sunny day or two before the rains start.

GREAT NEWS!!!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Because of the shortage of Leather ( I ordered cloth) my dealer's second vehicle got bumped and I am now a first allocation order.
Wasn't this deemed to be a complete rumor? I think it was a concern which was answered by Lori Queen and posted in one of these threads. I'll be back...gonna search.

Here's the first half:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3144&page=1&pp=15&highlight=leather+shortage

The rest:

Q24: Have all problems with the leather interior's availability been worked out?
A: I was told all leather availability issues have been resolved
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3879&highlight=lori+queen+leather

Regardless, congrats.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
solli4me said:
Joe Piscopo started that "What Exit?" joke:
"I'm from Jersey."
"Oh yeah? What exit?"

mceb, what exit? 145 or 159? :lol:
Not near the Parkway anymore. Grew up at exit 151 :)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts