Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from mine yesterday in the AM hours. Apparently the new car manager put the final "specs" on my car for it to be ordered. My order was bumped up to #1 and I'll be getting it *hopefully* in two months (if they start the first 1,000 in early August as planned).

I'm getting anxious. I'm curious if anyboy else has heard from their dealer yet about any "official" order submissions?

·
Registered
753 Posts
i haven't heard from my dealer lately. but it nay be time to give him a call.
i have one friend in the 'biz'- a rep for a custom van/suv remanufacterer who sells to dealers east of the mississippi. he called me today to tell me that the solstice is HOT and allocations are SMALL so dealers are going to be marking up in the 5-6 K range.
i told him that GM ( the big dog) is watching the 1st 1000 promotion and will hold the line on MSRP.
he told me that my dealer was going to steal my car to sell it over list.
things are getting very interesting.
it can't hurt to get our deals in writing.... it could get bumpy

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GM is just not watching the first 1,000, but GM is also going to dealers saying anything over 1,000 will NOT be marked up.

Could that be a reason why production is delayed as much as it has been? Perhaps GM is starving Pontiac dealers for product until they agree to sell the Sol at MSRP (every Sol, that is).

It gets a little interesting when you look into the type of games that can be played on both sides of the playing field.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't have my deal in writing just my dealers verbal agreement that the car will be sold at MSRP. if dealers start trying to jack the first 1000 around I think it would be very bad for the dealers and Pontiac. I can't imagine the first 1000 buyers being beat out of their cars and end up in the dealers hands. The idea of the promotion was to get the cars to customers not the dealer and I trust Pontiac to look out for us on this. Our deposit is refundable per the rules and at the first attempt of anything fishy on my dealer's part will end up in a complaint to Pontiac and if I don't get quick action I will get my deposit back and Pontiac will get alot of bad word of mouth, now multiply that by 1000 and you can see why that wont happen.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
GM is higly encouraging dealers to not sell over MSRP, they are not forcing them to. From what we've heard there's been some fit/finish issues.

B

·
0 Posts
I am really close to cancelling this order and giving up on GM. This whole thing has been handled inappropriately, which is funny considering how much trouble GM is in right now financially.

One would think that GM and the dealers would be considerably more proactive than they have been.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Went to my dealer this morning, he committed to MSRP and 5th car of the first allocation for me and said he'd give it to me in writing when they finalize all the options and pricing on Tues.

Having dealt with this issue on my ELISE (you want to talk long wait) and hearing the horror stories of some of those people. I'd INSIST on getting msrp in writing.

This is the first I've been back to this site in some months, things are starting to get interesting. pic of my former baby.
Chris
Ordered red,

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
I am really close to cancelling this order and giving up on GM. This whole thing has been handled inappropriately, which is funny considering how much trouble GM is in right now financially.

One would think that GM and the dealers would be considerably more proactive than they have been.
When you cancel and quit this board, can I have your user name? :)

Seriously though, I'm waiting for the day when you can buy a car direct from the manufacturer and pick it up from a local distributor. Life would be much simpler!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts